Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Love my kids school..update with owie picture..OUCH

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 27 Replies

Awwwwwwww I love our school nurse. She is so sweet. She just called to give me a heads up that Hannah fell at school and has a scrape on her forehead, no bump, no need for stitches. I like that our kids school cares so much about out kids. Minor owies they don't but if it is a significant scrape or bruise they let us know.  I am not one of those moms that need to know every little scrape either and they know that. So I guess it is a pretty good scrape. I am just glad they let me know so I am not shocked when she gets off the bus.  Poor little niblet, her vanity is probably hurt more than anything. She is 8 and likes to look good. LOL

by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's nice that they keep you informed. I hope she is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thanks. Me too. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Now if school bus time would hurry up and get here I could see. LOL

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Ack - that scrape looks like no fun!!!!

Hope she heals quickly!!!!!
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM

thanks so much

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on May. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Ow!  Hope she feels better soon!

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Thanks. It is quite sore and the bump under the scrape is quite prominent tonight.  I am going to attempt to keep those bangs off of it. It is so sore even with her bangs touching it.  It almost looks like a burn, but I guess from the mulch? Did a sort of scrape burn since she fell out of a swing and was trying to hold on and it drug her as she fell, is what I gathered from her description.

delmobaby
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
My boys school does that too. If they get hurt bad enough or get hurt where its likely to leave a mark of any kind they call to let me know. And regardless how bad it may or may not be if they are upset even if no mark they will call to let them sPeak with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Ours let them talk to us as well.  I am glad she called. Can you imagine the shock if your child got off the bus looking like she'd been in a fight. Well, she was in a fight with a swing and the playground mulch apparently. She lost. Poor girls says "Mommy it hurts to move my eyebrow" 

Quoting delmobaby:

My boys school does that too. If they get hurt bad enough or get hurt where its likely to leave a mark of any kind they call to let me know. And regardless how bad it may or may not be if they are upset even if no mark they will call to let them sPeak with me.

momoftwo0406
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

My kids school is the same, I love how well they keep in contact with us. I hope she feels better soon. My son needed 2 stitches last fall from the slid he fell going up. One teacher passed out but the nurse was great lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN