Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Love my kids school..update with owie picture..OUCH

Posted by   + Show Post

Awwwwwwww I love our school nurse. She is so sweet. She just called to give me a heads up that Hannah fell at school and has a scrape on her forehead, no bump, no need for stitches. I like that our kids school cares so much about out kids. Minor owies they don't but if it is a significant scrape or bruise they let us know.  I am not one of those moms that need to know every little scrape either and they know that. So I guess it is a pretty good scrape. I am just glad they let me know so I am not shocked when she gets off the bus.  Poor little niblet, her vanity is probably hurt more than anything. She is 8 and likes to look good. LOL

by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Replies (21-27):
Butterfly1108
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM
She's so cute (just rub a tad of neosporin) and in a few days she'll be back to her beautiful self ;)
That stuff works wonders. Make sure you kiss her booboo.
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Yes, exactly what we are doing.  It looks better this morning.  Thanks so much.  

Quoting Butterfly1108:

She's so cute (just rub a tad of neosporin) and in a few days she'll be back to her beautiful self ;)
That stuff works wonders. Make sure you kiss her booboo.

delmobaby
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Aww. My five yr old is always getting hurt. The last time he hit his head and they called to let me know and all. He ended up with a huge bump and bruise above his left eye and a slightly black eye. I think he had hit it on the jungle gym. Even at home that boy is accident prone.

Quoting Thelmama:

Ours let them talk to us as well.  I am glad she called. Can you imagine the shock if your child got off the bus looking like she'd been in a fight. Well, she was in a fight with a swing and the playground mulch apparently. She lost. Poor girls says "Mommy it hurts to move my eyebrow" 

Quoting delmobaby:

My boys school does that too. If they get hurt bad enough or get hurt where its likely to leave a mark of any kind they call to let me know. And regardless how bad it may or may not be if they are upset even if no mark they will call to let them sPeak with me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM

aww poor baby.  glad they care

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Thanks.

Quoting hayliedlr:

aww poor baby.  glad they care

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Aww!  I hope she is much better now.

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM

It is slowly getting better.  So far we have kept her from picking at it it.  Which is tempting for any kid. Thank you.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Aww!  I hope she is much better now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN