Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

i can not belive the nerve of people!! (rant)

Posted by   + Show Post

all me and my husband do is help our friends and family, when they have no where to go and are desperate we take them in and give them a place to stay for a few nights ,we lend them money (and 90% of the time we do get paid back for it but we dont make a big deal out of it) , we feed them, we do what we can to help we are nothing but nice to people. but then they turn around and treat us like shit after all weve done for them. my husbands cousin stayed with us for a few nights this past week and he has stayed with us several times before sometimes months at a time (keep in mind there 3 people in our household normaly and we live in a 1 bedroom apt. so we dont have much room). but his cousin has been couch surfing since divorcing his wife a couple months back. so we let him stay a couple nights this past week. well my mother in law gave me her wedding band and engagement ring that my father in law gave her when they got engaged and married.and she gave them to me when me and my husband got married. i dont wear them because the diamond sticks out really far and i kept scratching myself and my son with it. ( i have my own engagement ring that my husband gave me when he purposed.) and for a little back story on my father in law he died when my husband was only 3 years old so he doesnt really remember much about him and there isnt really anything that he left behind, so this ring means alot to him, my mother in law, and me.  well because i couldnt wear it i kept it in a little ring box in my night stand along with a ring my stepfather and my mom gave me when they got married it was my braids maids gift. and i check to make sure the rings r still there once a week. well i went to check it yesterday and there gone. nothing else was stolen so i know our apt. wasnt broken into. it had to have been someone that we let in the house that we trusted because that is the only small thing we own that could be stolen without anyone noticeing right away. and the only person thats been in our house is his cousin. it just pisses me off so damn much cuz he knows how much those rings mean to us. and the fact that he his family and hes stealing from us when all weve done is be nice to him and help him! me and my husband r done helping people! cuz this is BS. weve helped our "best friend" before too and he stole from us also. nothing big but still he stole and lied about it none the less! so from then on we said no friends just family. but i guess tht back fired on us too!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (11-14):
Saille717
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Ask your MIL if she has pics....she may have some somewhere.  And do check the pawn shops.  If the police figure out who took them, that person will be arrested for theft and you may get your rings back.  Surely if you do nothing you'll never see those rings again.  

Quoting lil_garys_mom:

unfortunatly  i dnt have a pic. what would happen as far as me fileing a police report? ive never had to deal with anything like this before.

KRIZZ25
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I would tell the hole fam and let them and him know ur door is closed to every one..u will not put up wth ppl doing that..press charges.evn if it just to teach him ..
KRIZZ25
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Fam is first one to stab u in the back trust me.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

That's awful!  I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN