Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Not sure how much longer this can go on.....

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 61 Replies

I am so stressed right now that I can't see straight!  Last week we had a new roof put on our shed, and during the process, termites were found.  So, all termite damage had to be replaced, and it added $2,000 to the bill.

Well, we then discovered termites in our house, and will need to have the whole property sprayed, and who knows how much that will cost!!

On Saturday we went to the beach to celebrate the birthday of one of the doctors who is responsible for saving my husband's life (several times).   Yesterday, my DH was in the yard and yelled to me in a panic, and I came outside to discover a SINKHOLE in our yard, leading to the septic tank.  We had had flooding in our house last week due to heavy rains, and our house has never flooded, even during Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina.  This same flooding apparently caused the soil to become really heavy and cracked the concrete of the septic tank. SOOO....who knows how much THAT will cost!

I feel so terrible...DH had just bought me a new (used) car last weekend....I want to take it back, since so much has happened, and put the money towards other stuff.  We have NEVER had so many expenses at one time....I just don't think I can take anything else.

My DH has been very, very ill since last Summer and I am terrified that the stress of all this will cause him to have a setback.

Please keep us in your prayers.  Thank you!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats a lot for ANYONE to deal with!! Will pray for you!! 

hugs

Mommy156
by Patricia on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Try to keep it together my dear. It's a lots to handle but you can't fall apart especially with your husband's health. You have to be strong for the family. It will get better. Take one day at a time. You and the family are in my prayers
HIJKLM
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I'm sorry... And I was stressing much smaller problems that I can afford ATM... Send prayers and hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope everything works out and I send thoughts your way.

JJJMommyKris
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

hang in there, sending prayers your way.

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry to hear of all your troubles. Praying things look up soon. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry!!! That is a lot of stress! You will make it through though - hang on tight!
LML1
by Kristy on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. That's a lot to handle in a short span of time. *hugs* Think positive thoughts... one foot in front of the other.

MomofBoys838
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Thank you so much...hugs to you as well :)

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

Thats a lot for ANYONE to deal with!! Will pray for you!! 

hugs

MomofBoys838
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Thank you so much  :)

Quoting Mommy156:

Try to keep it together my dear. It's a lots to handle but you can't fall apart especially with your husband's health. You have to be strong for the family. It will get better. Take one day at a time. You and the family are in my prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN