Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sex After Kids: How Often Do You Get It On These Days?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 116 Replies
2 moms liked this

Sex? Sorry, what? What with lack of sleep, postpartum body self-consciousness (or plain-old postpartum pain), stress, interruptions - it's a wonder second children are even conceived at all!

How has your sex life been since having kids? Worse, the same, or maybe even better than before? How do you keep the spark alive?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

After our 1st, things returned to normal pretty quickly - our 2nd is only 11mos younger than the 1st - but after the 2nd, it took a lot longer and the frequency isn't nearly as often as it used to be.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My two are only 11mos apart, too, lol.

Quoting bamababe1975:

After our 1st, things returned to normal pretty quickly - our 2nd is only 11mos younger than the 1st - but after the 2nd, it took a lot longer and the frequency isn't nearly as often as it used to be.

MelaniesMama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

sometimes our sex life is ok.
But the last 2 months have been awful! We havent had sex in 7 weeks!!  My oldest got sick for a few days, then my youngest got it for almost a week & 1/2 & now I have been sick for 2 weeks. My period accounted for 2 weeks & exhaustion overtook the rest.
My husband thinks hes dieing...........
Before we had kids we had sex every day, usually more then once. After the oldest was born, it cut down to nothing for over 2 months because we spent so much time in the hospital. Then it picked up to about 5x a week.  After the 2nd, well, its about 2-3x a week at best!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Oh no! So sorry everyone has been sick! I hope you're feeling better and you're able to spend some quality time with your husband soon!

Quoting MelaniesMama:

sometimes our sex life is ok.
But the last 2 months have been awful! We havent had sex in 7 weeks!!  My oldest got sick for a few days, then my youngest got it for almost a week & 1/2 & now I have been sick for 2 weeks. My period accounted for 2 weeks & exhaustion overtook the rest.
My husband thinks hes dieing...........
Before we had kids we had sex every day, usually more then once. After the oldest was born, it cut down to nothing for over 2 months because we spent so much time in the hospital. Then it picked up to about 5x a week.  After the 2nd, well, its about 2-3x a week at best!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I havent had a sex drive in SO long.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's okay.  DH works a high stress job and I work full-time, so we're either tired or stressed or just not interested.

I started reading "50 Shades of Grey" - that's how we revved up our sex life.  ;)

Maries_Mom23
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM
He works nights and I'm a sahm. So, our time is usually after I take the girls to school. Our youngest is in pre k for 3 hours every morning. How often do we have our time. Two or three mornings a week at times, once a week at other times. Depends on my housework I need to do and how tired he is from work.
MamaCaram
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Quoting Cafe Steph:

So are mine :)
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

before I got pregnant with our second, we were having sex at least 5 times a week. Now I am pregnant and having complications, plus hubby is working 16 hours a day, we are lucky if we have sex twice a week.

whitewedding
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

We're just plain pitiful in that department.  We used to be pretty active before kids, but I have no recollection as to how often (it was THAT long ago).  Then came baby #1 and it all went to caca.  He wouldn't touch me while I was pregnant, then after the baby I became severely depressed and gained a lot of weight, and he gained a ton of weight.  Neither of us had a sex drive and we both worked like crazy (me working 40 hours per week, commuting 2 hours per day, and being a full time housewife to boot, and he working 60++++ hours per week, 6 days per week).  He has a slew of health issues, and come to find out my thyroid took a nose dive after baby #1.  SO, he's on meds that give him issues in the bedroom, and I'm on meds to rev me back up.  We started to get things back to normal after about 4 years of having sex every so often (once a month, once every 2 weeks, once every 3 weeks, once every 2 months, no rhyme or reason there), and then I got pregnant with baby #2.  It's been months now because he won't touch me while I'm pregnant, and now baby #1 insists on co-sleeping at age 4 1/2 and so we have NO privacy (there is no one to help us out by watching her, either).  Ah well, we're still head over heels in love and we just take it in stride :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)