Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex After Kids: How Often Do You Get It On These Days?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sex? Sorry, what? What with lack of sleep, postpartum body self-consciousness (or plain-old postpartum pain), stress, interruptions - it's a wonder second children are even conceived at all!

How has your sex life been since having kids? Worse, the same, or maybe even better than before? How do you keep the spark alive?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
lowencope
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Twice a week?
Azzura
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol. You people "only" have sex 2-3 times a week? I could live without it for the rest of my life. But I give in about once a month.
Ashley0523
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

we have sex just as much as we did before the kids usually about 3-4 times  a week but im a stay at home mom and hes in the air force so hes home by 4:30 -5 every night and off on weekends so once the kids are i bed  our spending time togehter our kids are almost 4 and 8 months

Supermomof3boy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

My sex drive has gotten less and less after each kid. We have sex once a week at least lol! 

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I'm sorry. Have you been checked to see if it's some physical problem, or have you always just had a low libido?

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I havent had a sex drive in SO long.

Cafe Steph

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Woohoo! Whatever it takes, right? ;)

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's okay.  DH works a high stress job and I work full-time, so we're either tired or stressed or just not interested.

I started reading "50 Shades of Grey" - that's how we revved up our sex life.  ;)

Cafe Steph

by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Sounds like you have a routine that works well for you. :)

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

He works nights and I'm a sahm. So, our time is usually after I take the girls to school. Our youngest is in pre k for 3 hours every morning. How often do we have our time. Two or three mornings a week at times, once a week at other times. Depends on my housework I need to do and how tired he is from work.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I've never gotten it profesionally checked out but I've pretty much had a no libido my whole life. 

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I'm sorry. Have you been checked to see if it's some physical problem, or have you always just had a low libido?

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I havent had a sex drive in SO long.

Cafe Steph

I'm sorry you're having pregnancy complications. ((HUGS))

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

before I got pregnant with our second, we were having sex at least 5 times a week. Now I am pregnant and having complications, plus hubby is working 16 hours a day, we are lucky if we have sex twice a week.

Cafe Amanda

What do you guys think of the idea of "planning spontaneity" or actually scheduling time for sex?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)