Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sex After Kids: How Often Do You Get It On These Days?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sex? Sorry, what? What with lack of sleep, postpartum body self-consciousness (or plain-old postpartum pain), stress, interruptions - it's a wonder second children are even conceived at all!

How has your sex life been since having kids? Worse, the same, or maybe even better than before? How do you keep the spark alive?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

((HUGS)) and hopefully you'll figure out a way that works better for you both. :)

Quoting whitewedding:

We're just plain pitiful in that department.  We used to be pretty active before kids, but I have no recollection as to how often (it was THAT long ago).  Then came baby #1 and it all went to caca.  He wouldn't touch me while I was pregnant, then after the baby I became severely depressed and gained a lot of weight, and he gained a ton of weight.  Neither of us had a sex drive and we both worked like crazy (me working 40 hours per week, commuting 2 hours per day, and being a full time housewife to boot, and he working 60++++ hours per week, 6 days per week).  He has a slew of health issues, and come to find out my thyroid took a nose dive after baby #1.  SO, he's on meds that give him issues in the bedroom, and I'm on meds to rev me back up.  We started to get things back to normal after about 4 years of having sex every so often (once a month, once every 2 weeks, once every 3 weeks, once every 2 months, no rhyme or reason there), and then I got pregnant with baby #2.  It's been months now because he won't touch me while I'm pregnant, and now baby #1 insists on co-sleeping at age 4 1/2 and so we have NO privacy (there is no one to help us out by watching her, either).  Ah well, we're still head over heels in love and we just take it in stride :)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Are you happy with that amount?

Quoting lowencope:

Twice a week?

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Some people just aren't fond of sex for whatever reason, but at least you do make an effort for him. :)

Quoting Azzura:

Lol. You people "only" have sex 2-3 times a week? I could live without it for the rest of my life. But I give in about once a month.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

It sounds like you're living a good life together. :)

Quoting Ashley0523:

we have sex just as much as we did before the kids usually about 3-4 times  a week but im a stay at home mom and hes in the air force so hes home by 4:30 -5 every night and off on weekends so once the kids are i bed  our spending time togehter our kids are almost 4 and 8 months

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

LOL, I hear ya!

Quoting Supermomof3boy:

My sex drive has gotten less and less after each kid. We have sex once a week at least lol! 

RelaxedMom2-3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

We have three kids, try to have sex twice a week. He isn't quite so grumpy if we do. The sex doesn't last for days, his grumpiness does though.

powow65
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM

maybe once or twice a month.

IMO, idfk why i get the depo shot....

if the "pill" wouldnt give me any "uh oh's" i'd go straight on the Pill!

lowencope
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Quoting Cafe Steph:

Depends on my mood I like sex a lot even with work and kids. I could go for four times.
wulfeyes05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

It fluctuates. It depends on how tired we are, if the kids are awake and running around, if there are friends over, whether or not the house has to be cleaned. Sometimes it's 1-2x a week sometimes it's once a day, other times we might only be 1-2x a month. It just depends on the circumstances. If we can't have sex which we're totally cool with then we just cuddle on the couch and watch a movie or something.

MamaBlamer
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM
me and my husband co-sleep and havnt had sex since our daughter was born shes six months now. we connect very well even though we dont have sex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN