Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sex After Kids: How Often Do You Get It On These Days?

Posted by   + Show Post

Sex? Sorry, what? What with lack of sleep, postpartum body self-consciousness (or plain-old postpartum pain), stress, interruptions - it's a wonder second children are even conceived at all!

How has your sex life been since having kids? Worse, the same, or maybe even better than before? How do you keep the spark alive?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
LML1
by Kristy on May. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I'd say 3-4 times a week. I'm usually the one that says "hey you wanna?!" My husband says "i'm tired." lol I'm not thrilled about my post baby body... but it is what it is. If I had a choice of a perfect body or a baby. I'd still pick the baby without hesitation.

sparklebug86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

we do pretty good - 4 to 5 times a week usually :)

rainmommy
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM

what issex? lol our sex life to a nose dive after baby #3

FrumpyMama
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM

There's a Spark? It's more of "THE KIDS ARE ASLEEP AND IT'S NOT 9PM YET AND I STILL HAVE SOME ENERGY LEFT."

ddwin
by New Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM

It'll be 5 years in 4 weeks since I've last done the deed... Aaahhh, being a single mom. Sometimes has a down side. 

MommyJDTJ
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM
After 1st we got back to almost normal but ever since my 2nd was born I have no drive and it doesn't help that all DH talks about regarding sex is bjs.

I miss our old sex life, after ds1, 3-4 times a week now its like 2-3 times a month :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calusari
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

My husband is ALWAYS frisky, so it's really up to me...sometimes I'm in the mood a lot, other times I have no interest at all!

mm_mom515
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM

it goes in waves.  Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.  

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

After my second child, my ex and I never had sex again. We got divorced. After our first it was rare. But really, in my first marriage, he was having sex quite often, it just wasn't with me.

In my second marriage, well it's always been frequent except during deployments. 

MomToovey
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Our sex is AMAZING! I admit I lost my sex drive after having my DD, but I forced myself to get over it (by always giving in to my husband) and the more we did it, the more I enjoyed it. The more I enjoyed it, the more I craved it! Now, every time we hit the sack it's the best I've ever had!

We usually go at it about 4 times a week!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)