Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Finally, good news :)

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

I got word last week that my debut novel NO SMOKE WITHOUT A FIRE is scheduled to be released in September! I've been so busy last week with edits and re-writes I forgot to post this in here!! I'm so excited!!

Here's the blurb for my book :)

Bitter and wary of men after her husband of 18 years leaves her for a younger woman, forty-year-old ER nurse Beth Sawyer has decided dating isn't an option. That is until an arsonist's crime brings Jackson Stanton--a strong, handsome, twenty-seven-year-old fireman suffering burns--to her trauma unit. Despite loathing the title of "Cougar", Beth finds her attraction to Jackson too strong to resist.

It seems simple at first--a fun fling with the added bonus of payback to her ex-husband. But the more Beth dates Jackson, the stronger her emotions grow. So, too, does the arsonist's death toll. When suspicion for the fires lands on Jackson, Beth must determine if the man she's falling for is out to set her body and heart on fire ... or has her marked as his next victim.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofBoys838
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so cool!!  I have a novel I started a few years ago that I put aside because life had gotten in the way.  I am so excited for you...what an undertaking, and not only did you finish it, you are being published.

Many, many congratulations!  I will be on the lookout for your book in Sept.  Please post an update on where it will be available.  Cheers!!

BobbieB
by on May. 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Thanks. It will be available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and my publisher's website.

I'll keep everyone updated :)

sherry132
by Sherry on May. 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome. How did you find a publisher? Who is your publisher. I'll look for the book in September! It sounds intriguing!

Quoting BobbieB:

Thanks. It will be available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and my publisher's website.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds good!  I'll look for it in September as well.  Good Luck with the sales.

BobbieB
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Quoting sherry132:

That's awesome. How did you find a publisher? Who is your publisher. I'll look for the book in September! It sounds intriguing!

Quoting BobbieB:

I sent out a ton of query letters to both agents and publishers. I had several hits from both, and finally an offer from Soul Mate Publishing. They publish both e-books and paperbacks, although my book will come out in e-format only in Sept. It will be next yr before it comes out in paperback.

sjump25
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That is so cool! It sounds like an intriguing book
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on May. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

princessputter
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds interesting...

LML1
by Kristy on May. 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good book

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN