Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you save money

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

i was talking to a friend about becoming a parent an budget an saving

an she said " you learn to do without"

so how do you cut corners

an 

what do you think is a comfortable income for a family of 4, meaning you pay your bills, groceries, everyday expenses an if something breaks you dont go broke?

thanks ladies

by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
queencreekmom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I am really trying to do coupons and not overspending. We also canceled cable. I think a comfortable income is 70,000..or around there.
tatinbriansmom
by New Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I have only had a savings account for a few months now but what I did was started with whatever tax refund I didn't need and put it into a savings. Every month my bank automatically takes out $25 and transfers it into savings and the day before I get paid I transfer whatever money is left into my savings. I work my budget starting with my paycheck and the left overs goes into the savings. It works for me anyways.

Renee47
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

put the money away and forget it pretend you dont even have it

ivyivy
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I think a couple of the most important things are to make sure your family has health insurance, and then make sure you are "paying yourself" by putting at least 10% automatically into a retirment fund.  Credit cards should be paid off asap, then see what's left over and make it work.  It's tough, but so much smarter to live frugally these days, pay off debt, and put away for the future!  I make a 6 figure salary, and support one child, but am still paying off student loans.  I often shop in dollar stores,  and have been known to shop "gently recycled" kids clothing.  I rarely eat out, and pack lunches to work daily.   Movies are through netflix.   Entertainment is cheap--free festivals, museums, nature walks, etc.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)