Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

And You Thought the Sex Talk Was Hard Enough - Have You Had the "Tech Talk" with Your Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Technology is all around us - including in the hands of little kids. Even if your 7-year-old doesn't have a smartphone, that doesn't mean he won't be able to access anything and everything on the Internet courtesy of his friend's phone.

Do you know how to help your kids become sensible consumers of technology in the digital age? This episode has tips for children and parents alike. Check it out!

Do you (or would you) let your child have his or her own smartphone, and if so, at what age? Do you worry about the kind of example you set your child with your own "tech behavior"?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Replies (21-23):
bootifuldisastr
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It is called My Mobile Watch Dog

Quoting Rose87:

what is the name of the app, please?

Quoting bootifuldisastr:

My daughter is 14 and she has a smart phone. She is on my mom's plan and she has to clean her house twice a month for the phone. We have Watchdog on the phone where I can see all incoming and outcoming activity: texts, internet, pics, calls. It is a headache!!! Now dd argues and says that she works for the phone so she should be able to do what she wants with it but I don't agree because these kids think it is "ok" to talk to people they don't know just because one of their friends say they know them when they are actually meeting them online themselves! I can't stand all this technology.

nsanti
by New Member on May. 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

There is no way a little kid needs a cell phone.  Most kids, until they are a teen do not need a cell--and only a basic on at that. There is no reason that they need to have access to anything other than 9 numbers, either. Too much temptation and trouble. They don't need internet, cameras, or texting---if you are going to text--call. One of the biggest problems teachers are having in schools is kids texting in class. No capabilities, no problems. Parents have to monitor and teach kids responsibility.

RubyMom0526
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM
My kids know how to use a computer, ds, etc!! When they are old enough for a phone they will have a prepaid phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)