Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so tired of those who don't carry car insurance...

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 52 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just need to blow off some steam.  My mother is the sweetest lady you could ever hope to meet.  She's the type that would give her last dollar to a complete stranger.  Anyway, the type of work she does is that she helps people in need.  She goes to their homes and helps them find resources and whatnot.  My point being is that a few months ago she was driving to one theese houses in a not so good part of town.  This girl that was driving behind her was talking on her cell phone and rear ended my mom.  My mom was driving a brand new Audi, she didn't even have 3,000 miles on it.  My mom gets out and so does the girl who must have been in her early 20's.  When my mom asked the girl for her insurance information, the girl looks at my mom up and down, looks at my moms car and fled.  I was so pissed.  Thankfully my mom was not injured.  What makes matters worse is that my mother's car was not drive able.  She said there were many men standing a few yards away from her just looking at her car and she felt very uncomfortable.  They never offered to help her.  She locked herself in her car and called the police.  When they got to the scene the officer explained to my mother that in those parts people don't have car insurance and that's probably why the girl fled.  He also told my mother the best thing she did was lock herself in the car because in that part of town he'surprised those men standing by didn't rob her or jack her car.  The bystanders refused to give any info on that girl who fled.  Mom says a few guys were yelling at the girl like they knew her. So mom paid the deductible and got her car fixed.  I couldn't leave this alone.  I was so upset.  I want that girl to be held responsible.  Mom said the girls car had pretty bad damage so she would have to pay that.  It wasn't enough for me. 

I went back to that neighborhhod and posted flyers of my moms car, the date and offered a 1,500 reward.  Someone sold her out.  The guy whom was hiding her car.  Anyway she was picked for other previous charges, along w/ endangerment, fleeing the scene, no insurance and other stuff.  Driving is a privelage and responsibility and if you don't have insurance I don't believe you have the right to be on the road. 

by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  You GO girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LovelyBugs
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I can't stand people who drive with no insurance...its the damn law...we struggle a lot but you better belive that insurance payment comes out every month...the only bill we have taken directly out of our account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinahrp
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Also if everyone had insurance like they are supose to, the rates wouldn't be so high.  I'm sorry to say this, but I feel if you can't afford car insurance, you shouldn't be on the road driving.  There is public transportation.  In one of the states I lived in, I loved how they had routine traffic stiops, they checked for insurance and registration.  If you had no insurance, they impounded your car right there and gave you a nice big ticket.  Thank God I always had insurance, and I always ask questions so I asked the officer what this was about.  He said for one to make sure people do what they are suppose to.  On the other hand, he said, "you wouldn't believe how many crimes we have prevented from theese routine traffic stops.  He said some study showed that crimes and uninsured motorists have a connection.

shortycmlb
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

WHOOT WHOOT YOU GO!

I hate it too. I will admit there have been times we couldn't afford insurance, and DH only drove to work and back. We walked to the store when we needed something. 

In normal circumstances I totally agree with you! If you have a vehicle that you drive you NEED to insure it to state minimum! ITS $50 A MONTH FOR A $4000 VEHICLE come on already! 

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Forgot to add - glad your mom is OK!

danijean
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Good for you! I'm glad the girl got in more trouble in the end. Can your mom take her to small claims court for her car damage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinahrp
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting danijean:

Good for you! I'm glad the girl got in more trouble in the end. Can your mom take her to small claims court for her car damage?

My mom said this girl has nothing.  She doesn't work, drove a junker.  My mother said its not worth her time.  I say its responsibility.  It's not so much about the money. 

dinahrp
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Forgot to add - glad your mom is OK!

thanks

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM

That's awesome!  Luckily my husband has always had insurance.  We've never been in an accident, but you never know.

MrsImperfect
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 2:04 AM
I dont think all states require insurance. We are lucky as hell in thar department ours is only $34 a month for 2 cars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)