Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

my two year old and his weird behavior

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

ok this may sound like i am pranking with this question but i assure you that i am not. i have a two year old who on certian day will, for lack of a better term, hump his pillow, stuffed animals, and even my legs if im laying down. he will go on doing this for a half hour at a time or more. i have a 23 yr old son also who i never witnessed doing this.

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GingerNeeSmith
by Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

i don't know what to say to this,but can't wait to see how others respond.

robynlo77
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, with over 15 years of licensed childcare experience, I can say, I have probably seen it all!

It's called masturbation. Even young children figure out that those kinds of things feel "good' to them. I have been told by teachers, doctors...etc....that it's normal, you are supposed to let them do that in the privacy of their own room.

paulalynne
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM

i video taped him doin this on my legs one night and showed it to his dr and she said it was because he just discovered his penis and that it feels good and he will grow out of it but its been about 9 mths since he started this.

paulalynne
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Thank you so much for your imput. :)

robynlo77
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I currently do childcare for am almost 2 year old boy, that constantly has his hands down the front of his pants, for the same reason!

Since he is still in a diaper, he "messes" up the closures of this diaper when he does it...so he often wears a onsie shirt to deter him from doing it. It actually helps!

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
It's normal. You can try diverting his attention by giving him other activities to keep himself busy, and don't make him feel bad about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulalynne
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM

oh i would never make him feel bad or wrong about what hes doin. i just wondered if it was normal! thanks everyone!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear it's a fase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmama82
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 boys, ages 9, almost 8, and 3. My oldest and youngest have never done this, but my middle used to almost constantly. He would do it more when he was tired or bored. It used to drive me crazy. He did eventually outgrow it but it took several years. When he starts you can try to distract him with an activity, sometimes that helped. Also try to teach him that he needs to do it in the privacy of his room. Hope that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My 2 year old nephew does it when he is tired
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN