Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a long week and I need a good cry.....!

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

So our summer schedule has started with 3 of my 5 kids involved with softball or tball and the schedule is now a game 4 nights of the week!  Everyone is exhausted and dinner is usually around 8 now but the kids are loving the new excitement of learning about the game.  My foster daughter is one of the tball players in our family and I am once again reminded of just how much patience having her in my life is really going to take.  You see it's really the first "fun" activity we have been able to implement into our life since she and her brother have come.  We have gone through daily parent visits and school and naps and other caseworker appts and therapy and doctor appointments etc...... Now we have only one parent visit a week and no school to contend with and most of our days are pretty normal!  Lately I have been battling more of the system..... we had an "incident" as they are called where I scratched my little girl quite by accident trying to remove her from her bed that she had thrown up on in the middle of the night.  Of course I filed my report but then we saw our family therapist for the first time (just her and I) and she showed the lady her scratch on her tummy.  I then was reported and investigated and everything worked out and nothing was found to fault me.  Fast forward about a week and she falls at a friends house after sliding down the slide and hits her back on the end of the plastic slide!  Here we go again and start the whole process all over again!  I have had to take several pictures and made reports and just today a caseworker shows up to take more pictures and interview my daughter about how it happened.  I am feeling very attacked by the system today and just am tired of being under the microscope for nothing more than taking care of these children that needed a safe place to live.  I constantly feel as if they are watching me and I am slowly being cornered!  God has blessed me with these children and I am just being obedient...... Hopefully a good nights sleep and the birth of a weekend of no plans can help change my mindset. 

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

hugs  I hope that a good cry really helps get all of the stressed out feelings out.  Hang in there, you sound like a good mom.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
just let it all out. Cries are good sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Oh good lord that sounds awful! I would cry too,here you are trying to be a good human,and you have to put up with that. UGH. Just for future reference I wouldn't be doing baseball,it's VERY time consuming,sometimes 2 practices and 2 games for each kid. Family dinner time is very important. Maybe you can get them all in karate or something at once,to maximize efficiency :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM
In sorry - I can see how that woukd be totally frustrating and exhausting!!!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

*hugs*

I've been doing my fair share of good cries for awhile now.  Trust me.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)