Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How could someone lie about such a thing?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 317 Replies

A little back ground my sister in law married in October 2011 right after the wedding she announced her pregnancy the same day I miscarried.  I found out I was pregnant again on Feb 25 with number 5. Ever since my sister in law has been asking for my ultrasound pictures but I never thought anything odd with that as she was always around for my other pregnancies. She moved across the US.

We saw here in March when we visited family she did not look pregnant at the time for as far along as she claimed to be. When we asked if she was seen by her OB yet she said no since her and her husband have been to BUSY traveling around the US.  But said she had one on May 5. We never heard anything else after that till we announced we would be having a baby girl. Within hours she told everyone she was having a girl to. OK No big deal at this point.

Last weekend we held her a baby shower she is Due July 29 or so she said. My husband and I went out and Bought her a Crib changing table the bedding set and a rocking chair and other odds and ends.  We are not rich by all means but were excited since it would be her first and most likely her last as she is over 40. At the baby shower she did not look at all pregnant maybe put on a few pounds but No baby bump for being over 30+ weeks. I was trying to figure out why her mom never showed up and why her husband's family did not attend. Well after the party and she left to head back home to her state I received a call from her mother my MIL. She told me my sister in law was making up the whole thing about being pregnant.  When we finally got ahold of her she admitted to my husband that she felt she needed to compete with us since we  4 kids with number 5 on the way. She said that she wanted to feel accepted by her mother since she wanted her to have children so bad. I asked her what she would have said when no baby came in July and she said she would have said it was a still birth. This hurt me a lot because my sister just had one and it was very hard on us all.  She said she would take everything back and have it but back on my credit card since she knew we could use the money for our kids.  Well that has been 6 days ago and nothing. So my sister  asked her and she said they returned the things but used the money to buy a new stove and dish washer.  Today I got a letter I sent her returned to me in the mail after double checking the address then doing a google search I found out she just sold her home for $150,000. My husband and I helped her out because we felt bad that they had nothing. I have a son with Autism and another who has been sick since he was 6 months old. This money could have gone to them both. I feel used.

How could some one lie about this and not feel guilty that they used people who cared and loved her.

Sorry if this is long and hard to read I am writing with a baby on my lap on a laptop that sticks a lot.

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fliptopz4
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM
141 moms liked this

I would sue her. Family or not, I would take her to court I think that could even be considered Thief by deception

msechelon1211
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

wow ....the nerve of ppl.....doesnt she know adoption is a wonderful option .... sounds like she has some issues that need to  be addressed.....did she say she would return the baby stuff to you so you can get your money back???  sorry momma you had to deal with this .....keep ur head up

mamasheart2012
by Donna on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats just sorry and sad. Im sorry mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaydensmommy411
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

She said she would return everything to the store my husband had gave her reciepts for everything we bought.  But since we used a debit card the money could either be put back on my card or she could get cash back. My husband told her to return to the store since it would have been way to much to ship.

But as of today she told My sister in facebook she used the money to buy a new stove and dishwasher since and I quote " hate doing dishes by hand" . We never told her she could use the money for her to buy those things we asked it to be returned back on my card so we could use for our kids and baby to be.

She is now playing the victum card with the rest of her family and everyone has told me I have no right to get my money back as they were gifts and that she could return them and use the money for what she wants.

Breezzzy
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats sick Id stop talking to her I wouldent want her in my life also if you could id sue her!
TaLeahMB
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM
13 moms liked this
I would sue that lying little heffer and then she would be out of my life. Thsts disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diva-Mami
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow what an asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM
36 moms liked this

Umm.... she committed fraud, she has no right to those gifts since they were intended for her (nonexistent) child, not for her & her husband.

Quoting Kaydensmommy411:

She said she would return everything to the store my husband had gave her reciepts for everything we bought.  But since we used a debit card the money could either be put back on my card or she could get cash back. My husband told her to return to the store since it would have been way to much to ship.

But as of today she told My sister in facebook she used the money to buy a new stove and dishwasher since and I quote " hate doing dishes by hand" . We never told her she could use the money for her to buy those things we asked it to be returned back on my card so we could use for our kids and baby to be.

She is now playing the victum card with the rest of her family and everyone has told me I have no right to get my money back as they were gifts and that she could return them and use the money for what she wants.

4everamber
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Sounds like she shouldn't have kids. Sick, sick woman. Sounds like a classic sociopath to me like that guy on Americans got talent. What does your brother or brother-in-law think of this news?

karisma22
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Kaydensmommy411:

That's just wrong.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN