Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It hurt...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 18 Replies

Back story: We drove 2 1/2 hours to my parents house to help them move. In laws watched our dd, which was a blessing. Anyways this past weekend was really hot 95 + and my mom refused to put the ac on b/c of the doors opening and closing all day. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights... Well yesterday we finally got everything moved into their new house. All my mom did was complain then when the builder came in the house to level her ceiling fans he was making small talk. Okay, fine. Then he would ask my mom to take a look at the fans and see if they were to her liking. After the 10th ceiling fan she said, I don't need to see anymore. The builder said, "some clients are the "have to see to believe type." I said, "don't let her fool you, she is," My mom said, "that's the perfect example why you should have an abortion!" Wow.. that hurt. So I took a long walk outside before I said something I would regret...

How do I even approach that? My mom didn't even find out she was pregnant until her 3rd trimester. Would she have had an abortion is she found out sooner? Am I really that much of a disappointment? I don't even know if I want to find out the truth....

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustShawna
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

ouch - I'm so sorry that your mother dissappointed you and hurt you like that. I would, in all honestly, tell her how that felt. And, if she can't respect you and your pregnancy and not make tacky comments like that, remove yourself from the situation (stay away from her.) What you said to that builder was not in line to recieve a comment like what she gave you. I'm so sorry mama! ((hugs))

Oksana5041
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Is your mom going through menopause? Sounds like mood swings out of control to me.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Holy cow!  I am so sorry that she said that.  I have no advice on how to approach it, but good luck. 

Apollos82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM
O.O

Who says crap like that??? I'm so sorry! :(

I don't even know what to tell you beside I'm sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Wow! Am I correct in thinking this probably isnt the first hurtful comment she has made to you?

She needs help! What kind of person says that to about thier child  and especially in the presence of them???

Sometimes people are just toxic. I am so very sorry she said such a nasty thing. She should have been extremely grateful that you would go to the lengths you did just to help her. I wonder how she would feel if her Mom had ever made a comment like that?? It's not you honey- it's her!! Just take a deep breath and be grateful you dont live with her anymore. I would also be cautious about letting my children out of my sight around her. There is no telling what she might say to them!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM
HUGS that is harsh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermom42
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

God That was so very hurtful even after all that you did for her to help her move, dont wast your time putting anymore thought into that statement because it doesnt matter ...God wanted you here and made sure you made it here, forgive her and try really hard to let it go.

sammy1989
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

wow id of said whateve i may have regreted and drug her mind through the mud like you could not believe.

cjsix
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

huggingHUgs Momma! I'm so sorry she said that to you. I have walked away from my Mom because of the hurt she has caused me during my life.It's difficult I will admit but,I can't put myself in a place for it to happen anymore.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Wow........I have no words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)