Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Are you kidding me????

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
  • 48 Replies
Ok so dhs nephew asked us if he could stay a couple of days with us. I said yes with a few rules. He was not to bring any drugs in the house (he has done drugs in the past and didnt know if he still was). And there was to be no alchohol. So I go outside to take the trash out and hes in the front yard smoking something out of a glass pipe. I think it was methamphatime. Anyway I kick him out. Dh wanted to know why he was gone so I him. Now hes mad at me for it. I told him I told his nephew the rules and he chose to break them. He said it wasnt in the house. I said that didnt matter. It was not to be around my kids period. Dh isnt talking to me now and while I sorda feel I was right Im beginning to second guess myself. I dont want drugs around my kids but maybe I should have just talked to him. What would you have done????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kr3918
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I would of done the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasheart2012
by Donna on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Yeah I know. I just dont understand why dh is being an a$$ about it. It like d@*n dont you care about your kids health at all? Seriously what is he thinking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:36 AM

You did the right thing.

edithch
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM
The same, a mother always jumps and does what they think best and thats what you did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You did do the right thing.  That ish would not fly here either.  *hugs*

sjump25
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:13 AM
You totally did the right thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving19mommy92
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Would have done the same thing 

CafeMom Tickers
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You did the right thing.  How old is your nephew?  He sounds like he needs help.  Can you help get him into rehab?  Meth destroys lives, I think I would be doing everything I could to help him.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
You did the RIGHT thing!!! You can't have that around your kids!!!!!!!!
momma2bubbas
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

this is what's called tough love and it is too bad your dh isnt more supportive.imho you were completely in the right to ask him to leave- no child should be exposed to  this. Your Dh is an enabler and you are not.

the nephew is an addict and will disrespect your rules and anyone elses because his drug is his top priority. has anyone looked in to an intervention or rehab? the nephew cant be helped unless he wants to be.

m.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN