Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I failed as a Catholic

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM
  • 46 Replies

I used to go to church every sunday and wear my cruicifix everyday. Now im terrified of walking into a church and my crusifix has been hanging on my wall for two year's. I have done wrong and i feel so ashamed i feel like i dont deserve to step into Gods house or wear his marker. I am still very religious. I fast on fridays and i try to be a good Catholic still. But i cant step foot into a church and i feel like im going to go to pergatory or worse Hell....

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Ask your Priest to come to your house to talk to you.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM
{HUGS} pray about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dancer
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

what happened?   You can message me so we can talk one on one.

CristaJordan
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

its ok I stopped gong to church months ago and im mormon.

Clubpenguin
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to confession before attending mass.
LML1
by Kristy on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

If you are still following God's word, I don't understand why you feel so guilty.  But I have a feeling that it's not so much the 2 years that you did not attend church. It is what happened during those 2 years that you feel guitly about.

Renee47
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We are all sinners Jesus would'nt reject you that is what churches are for

Sherbear2012
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I am so sorry you're not feeling well in your faith but understand...That we are saved by Gods grace, not by works there's nothing we can to do to be saved but have faith in Chrsit Jesus (Ephesians 2:8) the bible says all have sinned & fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) never let the enemy tell you that you're not worthy to be in Gods house...That's what Christ died for so that you can inter in under the blood of Jesus....I'm not perfect and I make mistakes everyday (we're human) but I thank God for Jesus and the blood that makes me clean "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17) that's the enemies plan is to make us feel un worthy of Gods mercy & Love but the devil is a lie!!! and the father of lies. You dust yourself off my sister and get back into the family of faith. Read the book of Romans, Ephesians I'm here ask what ever you want. One thing I have learned is that we need each other to walk this life out hand in hand, struggle by struggle.

Quoting bellasmommy1988:

I used to go to church every sunday and wear my cruicifix everyday. Now im terrified of walking into a church and my crusifix has been hanging on my wall for two year's. I have done wrong and i feel so ashamed i feel like i dont deserve to step into Gods house or wear his marker. I am still very religious. I fast on fridays and i try to be a good Catholic still. But i cant step foot into a church and i feel like im going to go to pergatory or worse Hell....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Have you reached out to a religious leader in your church?  It sounds like it may be time for that.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)