Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

They STOLE my kids in March...

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Replies (171-175):
andyroosmama
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think its just in TX... but check WA... Also, if the visits are being cancelled, or the kids are late, doc it so you have it for the court hearings. The judge frowns upon the foster parents and caseworkers not complying with their own orders... believe me I know... I had to go to a mediation at the CPS office with a judge and my mom, my dad, and my sister... all of them told the caseworkers and the judge that I was not a threat to my boys, and my mom even made it a point to let them know that my youngest one's health was declining because e wasn't with his mommy... and he was struggling with the potty training... and my 8yr old who was 4 at the time, was having issues peeing everywhere because of separation from mom... judge was not happy... and gave them 6wks to return them to me since they never filed petition to be removed... and the police even say that the fosters cannot keep your kids from you.. if they do, you can file a report for abduction... even with an open CPS case. good luck hon... If I come across any info that can help you, I will most certainly pass it on to you.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I'm in WA state.  They were SUPPOSED to find family first before they put the kids in foster care, but none of our family was contacted at all.  My mom was contacted for the first time when she was here visiting me at the end of April/beginning of May.  They called her on May 4th and she answered her phone while she was sitting on my couch.  They asked her lots of questions about my family tree, how many aunts, uncles, cousins I have.  If she feels like any of them could take the kids, if she could take the kids.  This all should have been done in Feb/March.  They still have not contacted any of Leigh's family.  I never knew they need to have a petition signed to remove them for longer than 6 months!  Is that in every state or just in TX?  If I had a penny for every time that our visitations were cancelled or the kids didn't arrive on time for the visits I'd be rich  I know they aren't late because the transporters are late...it's just the foster things that make the kids late :/

Quoting andyroosmama:

What state are you in? And did you know they actually have to go to court and have a judge sign the petition to remove them for longer than 6mos? In TX, they have to put the kids with family unless there is reason to have them in foster care... and if there is reason to utilize foster care, the judge has to sign off on the petition... and the foster family has to comply with the visitation order set by the judge, not by CPS.

JuliFox
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
This. You're still their parent and still responsible for paying for their care. Having them taken by CPS did not somehow magically shift the financial burden onto the backs if the tax-paying public.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

They will just attach your pay or take your tax refund, or worst case scenario put you in jail.  I wouldn't mess around with it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliFox
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:27 PM
It's not up to your lawyer, it's up to the judge, and they will most likely ise your refusal to support your children against you.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Nope, they won't.  I don't work, I don't have a tax refund and I DARE them to try and put me in jail.  My newest lawyer will not allow that.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

They will just attach your pay or take your tax refund, or worst case scenario put you in jail.  I wouldn't mess around with it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inez430555
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

HOPE YOUR LAWYER IS THE MEANEST PIT BULL ON THE BLOCK.  ALWAYS HIRE THE ONE LAWYER YOU WOULD MOST HATE TO HAVE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF YOU.  THEY ARE OUT THERE, BUT SOMETIMES HARD TO FIND 

KRISTAL_WILDER
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM

any new news?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)