Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi there ladies, just wondering what are some of your thoughts on elective c-sections.  For it, against it, or personal choice?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (101-110):
wonderouslife84
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

its wrong.. all i have to say about it...

FrumpyMama
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Against it. Elective sections put the baby at risk of being born prematurely. Due Dates can be off by two weeks sometimes and a baby born 2 weeks early will have to spend time in the NICU.  Sections are not safe for the mother either. It needs to be compared to Gastric Bypass surgery. You are cutting through layers of muscle and skin, then through a major organ. Sewing all the back up again can lead to risk of hemmorage, internal bleeding and a host of other issues. It isn't worth the risk.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Personal choice. It has more risks, but its not my body. That makes it none of my business.

momof4and1man
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would u choose to ruin your body?..very against!

vinalex0581
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My first was an emergency c-section and i'm pregnant now with my second (39 weeks) and I really want to have a v-bac.

CrayolaCait
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Against. I am ecstatic for my upcoming vbac!

JuliFox
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Against. It is selfish to force a child to be born before it's ready, unless there are compelling medical reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foxysugarlove
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all of this. Yes it's personal choice but it's a major surgery with risks and should be treated like one.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Against it. Elective sections put the baby at risk of being born prematurely. Due Dates can be off by two weeks sometimes and a baby born 2 weeks early will have to spend time in the NICU.  Sections are not safe for the mother either. It needs to be compared to Gastric Bypass surgery. You are cutting through layers of muscle and skin, then through a major organ. Sewing all the back up again can lead to risk of hemmorage, internal bleeding and a host of other issues. It isn't worth the risk.

mom2hailey08
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I had to have an emergency c-section with my first, so I will choose to have another. Its MY choice and I dont care what anyone else thinks about it.

Misha22
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
FOR IT! I elected mine (39 weeks) and 5 years later I still am happy with MY PERSONAL decision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)