Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi there ladies, just wondering what are some of your thoughts on elective c-sections.  For it, against it, or personal choice?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (111-120):
rachelrothchild
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Against

anitaaw
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Elective c-sections are NOT the ame as an emergency or having a real need. Elective is not the same as medically required.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tschu
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM
ill give my opinion when studies are released giving the risks and long term effects on "elective" c sections. i don't know whether or not it would cause complications 4 either mother and child. i always thought c sections were 4 emergencies or real high risks pregnancies tho?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avonmomoftwo
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM

My first was breech, so no choice in the matter-first C-Section.  My second was 15 mos later and I elected to do a C-section to avoid V-Back complications.  Turns out he was late anyway, so hopefully I made the right decision regarding that as well.  It's your body and your child, that makes it your decision :-)

NCmommie1012
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Personal choice, though I myself prefer my children to be born as naturally as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabbykatts
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as I (the tax payer) am not paying for the C-section and the risks are clearly explained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdrekaj
I have had 4 c-sections and my last 9 weeks ago was the worst. I would not ask for one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BakerLady411
I used to be against it - until I had my son. I had been in labor for about 24 hours, when the doctor discovered that one arm & one leg were tangled. I had to have an emergency c-section. I'm pregnant now, with my second child. I've decided to go with a c-section; because otherwise I will already be in fear of my baby being tangled. So, while I used to judge people for taking the easy way out - I no longer do that, no that I have actually walked in their shoes!
JennPearce
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Personal choice. While I really enjoy the natural birth process for myself I think a woman should be allowed to choose what's best for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYChicago
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I wouldn't. I've been told how difficult the recovery is after. My obstetrician told me once, "trust nature, nature is best." I had twins the natural way, and people I know who had to have c-sections due to complications told me that the recovery is slow and painful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)