Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hi there ladies, just wondering what are some of your thoughts on elective c-sections.  For it, against it, or personal choice?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (641-648):
SMFnAMFnTRFnKMF
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

If I could have had my babies vaginally I would have in a heartbeat. I tried twice and both kids went into distress. This time I am choosing to just have a c-section. I think in most cicumstances you should try. If you're like me and tried twice and it didn't work, well I jsut don't want to labor for 12 hours THEN have a major surgery again. LOL 

yeahh, that's how it was for me, except i was in labor for 22 hours and then wouldnt dilate anymore past 9.5cm so i had to have an emergency csection, 11months later i had another cesarean.  i dont regret them at all though.  the only thing i will say is that my last one was extremely painful and took longer to heal but only because the scar tissue because they were so close! that's the only reason it was so bad this time/:

pottymouthmommy
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM
against. my son was a c section, but my daughter, second child, I fought hard and did everything I could for a vaginal birth. 100 percent successful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zipzapzopsquish
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
On friday I am gong in for my c section to have my first child, it is a girl.I was told that she was in brech potion. At first I was not sure how i felt about having a c section, but now I am vary happy with my choy's because, what it all comes down to is that she is healthy, and it doesn't matter how she arrives just that she arrives.
Izzy27
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM
I had an emergency c section when I delivered my son. I was not happy with the outcome so i wouldnt rexommend it to someone who is planning on a scheduled c section. Even after taking extra care of myself I still felt small pains here and there for about 3 years. If you ask me if i'm for it or against it...I say against it. Only because I had a bad experience. But everyone is entitled to there choice of delivering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrebecca1853
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I reccomend it to anyone who is faced with the possibility.  If you have a healthy pregnancy and aren't going to be possibly faced with MAJOR complications then sure, pop it out your vag, more power to you...all I say is the experience was fine and not scary and my recovery was easy, even with twins.  Geesh.  It is a common procedure and while there are risks it's not brain surgery or amputation....it took literally fifteen minutes and we were all fine and dandy.  So relax.  Vaginal delivery is ok too.  Relax.

Quoting jillhdz:

Recommend it to everyone? Thats the dumbest statement ive read it all day. We're talking major surgery and life of a child. Not a vacation spot or a cookie recipe.... Wow!

Quoting amyrebecca1853:

For! For me, I had a c-section for my twins, they were both breech and I had to deliver early because my boy was tiny. Since they were breech we probably would have had to have one anyway.... But for other instances I think any way you want to bring your baby into the world is fine. My c-section was an easy recovery, I recommend it to everyone.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jellybeanjean
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I didn't read the whole post but I don't understand why anyone would be against someone else having an elective C Section. It's their body. Why is it such a big deal?

beesbad
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I'm all for giving birth in whatever way is best for the baby. An emergency c-section is just that, an emergency. Sometimes the doctor determines that it would be dangerous for baby and mother to go through labor so an elective c-section is performed. However, if a woman wants a c-section for a superficial reason that doesn't benefit her baby - I have to disagree with that choice.

TRUTHNJUSTICE
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM

DEPENDS ON THE REASON FOR WANTING IT.....BUT....NOT MY  PLACE ...NOT MY BODY./...NOT MY RIGHTS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN