Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

FREE rent and renovated farm house. To good to be true?

Posted by   + Show Post

Nope father in law built a house on the land his mother left him 24 yrs ago. Well they just renovated his mom's old house (the house he grew up in) My husbands cousin went to college, got preggo, had a shot gun wedding w/ NO money. So my in-laws are letting  them live there rent FREE. They only have to pay cable and electric. Generous right? Almost unheard of right?! Well the "cousins" break a toilet handle and expects my in-laws to replace it w/ in 24 hours. What? That part is on $5. Why can't they replace it? I mean you're living there free.... They won't even mow the grass in front of the house. My in-laws own 160 acers and 20 of that they mow grass. My in-laws are in their 70's. It's hot! So yesterday, my mil calls me in tears b/c the "cousins" demanded they move an old swing set before his parents come up for the weekend... The wind tipped it over. Come on! It's 100 degrees outside! I wanted to call these "cousins" and give them an ear full b/c of their lack of respect and appreciation. They wouldn't answer their phone.... Hmm.. I wonder why. Cowards.

Anyhow, if you were my husband and I what would you say to his cousins given the chance?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-11):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I wouldn't put up with that.  Either they fix things like that or pay rent.  *shrug*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)