Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Out Houses

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Recently my DD asked me why the out house we used was set up for two people to use at a time.  Got me thinking about what the reasons might be for two or even three hole out houses.  I know when we had our cabin the out house there was a two seater, we just used the extra one for the slop bucket.  Which is what I explained to her.  But really why would you need a three seater?  Any one really know the story or idea behind these?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM

you had an outhouse?

A friend of mine had one when I was growing up.  no idea why they would even have a 2 seater

gravercem
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Yes at our cabin we had one, they also have one with three seats at the little country store down the road from our cabin.  At scout camps they have outhouses for campers to use, some are two or three seaters with little wood walls between them and others are single with door for woman to use when camping.  I also never understood locking the outhouse door when you are not there until someone said teens will go inside and tear up the seating area.

momtoknk
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM

wow,,it brings back memories.. When I was little the house we lived in had an outhouse with a regular size seater and a child size seater. 

gravercem
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Now that I can see and makes since.  When my boys and nephew were little (4 & 5)  All four boys decided they needed to go in the outhouse and stick their heads in the hole to see what was in there and where it went. 

Quoting momtoknk:

wow,,it brings back memories.. When I was little the house we lived in had an outhouse with a regular size seater and a child size seater. 

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Big families?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM
maybe they went potty together, like at night bc they were scared?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)