Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dear Parents at the Park

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

You need to teach your children you do not throw rocks at ducks and animals at the park. It is not nice. Yes, I told them to please stop throwing rocks at the ducks. I did it nicely and respectfully.  While your kids gave me dirty looks at least they moved on. ALL of them KNEW better.  

That is all

Thank you

A mom who teaches her children to respect not only animals but the park where everyone wants a chance to feed the ducks and watch them playh.

My kids feeding the ducks after the poor little things came back from being scared off by a gaggle of malicious children throwing rocks at them.

We had so much fun playing at the creek in the park today

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymom2two
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I went to a zoo with a little farm area last summer.  Two kids were busy throwing pebbles and stones at a cow lying in the shade while their mom was busy talking on her phone.  I told the children to stop which annoyed the mom because now instead of bothering the poor cow, they wanted her attention.  Ugh.

Feeding the ducks is illegal around here.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Stuff like that is so annoying.  Here we can feed them, as long as it is bread type stuff like pretzels or pieces of bread.  Most people follow that.  

Quoting disneymom2two:

I went to a zoo with a little farm area last summer.  Two kids were busy throwing pebbles and stones at a cow lying in the shade while their mom was busy talking on her phone.  I told the children to stop which annoyed the mom because now instead of bothering the poor cow, they wanted her attention.  Ugh.

Feeding the ducks is illegal around here.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Any other FLoridians have a heart attack seeing kids in water like that?

Around me, that water looks like our canals - which can have gators
in it! :)
gravercem
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM

We love feeding the ducks at the local park.  We have had to say something to a few kids for throwing stuff at the ducks, geese and the one swan.  Looks like you all had a great time!  Today after our kids got out of school we went to a local park with views of the river. there was so much trash on the ground, which floored me as in a small area there was eight trash cans.  Was proud of my children when they just started to pick up all the trash.

lilmama31709
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM
2 moms liked this
When I was a teenager, I told a kid not to throw rocks at the geese near the community mail house. When I came.back around the corner one of the geese was chasing the little bastard.and bit him right on the ass. That goose taught him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM
That sucks.

At least they had fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM
great pics. I had to tell kids to quit throwing rocks at horses and cows. We were visiting Mexico and horses and cows roamed the streets. I was afraid the horses would buck one of the kids.... Would have served them right though but still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM

LOL...I lived in FL most all my life so how well I know. No gators in this small creek.  Very small creek and gators aren't as prevalent here.  And at this point in the creek it is really quite shallow..No place for gators to lurk...but yes...I know all about ponds and creeks with gators. Swam in a few back in the day.....but usually there was too much noise for gators to come near in the ponds, and creeks we all swam in.  

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Any other FLoridians have a heart attack seeing kids in water like that?

Around me, that water looks like our canals - which can have gators
in it! :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM

You have great kids.  That is awesome.  So far here, people seem to take care of stuff and the crew that works that park does such a great job as well. Even the public restroom is clean.  

Quoting gravercem:

We love feeding the ducks at the local park.  We have had to say something to a few kids for throwing stuff at the ducks, geese and the one swan.  Looks like you all had a great time!  Today after our kids got out of school we went to a local park with views of the river. there was so much trash on the ground, which floored me as in a small area there was eight trash cans.  Was proud of my children when they just started to pick up all the trash.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM

LOL....sorry but that is funny. Yes Geese can be aggressive when protecting their young..LOL.

Quoting lilmama31709:

When I was a teenager, I told a kid not to throw rocks at the geese near the community mail house. When I came.back around the corner one of the geese was chasing the little bastard.and bit him right on the ass. That goose taught him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN