Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Summer Cold

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ugh!  The little guy I babysit had a nasty sinus cold last week and he was kind enough to share it with me.  I don't usually get colds, and when I do they're usually just an annoyance.  This sucks!!!  My head feels like it's stuffed with wet cotton, my lungs hurt from the coughing, my throat is sore, my head and neck ache, I feel like I'm constantly about to sneeze.  I'm taking albuterol, mucinex and sudifed D and occasionally some ibuprofen when it gets to hurting too much.  I feel like a lab rat.  :(  

No....there is no point to this post other than complaining.  Just felt the need to whine!!!  

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomofBoys838
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I'm so sorry, momma!  Summer colds are the worst, and I don't know why.  You are doing good to medicate.  Nyquil is my personal favorite for colds....the only good part of having a cold is the night-time formula....one dose and nighty-night!  I hope you feel better soon!

Saille717
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Thanks!  The hot weather let up and it's a cool, rainy day today and looks to be for the next day or two, which is kind of nice.  The little ones won't want me to take them to the beach or anything so I'll be able to veg more.  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM

feel better

Saille717
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

sick

sjump25
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I hope you feel better ASAP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hugs!  When I am feeling bad, I usually make a Hot Toddy with a cup on hot water, a shot of wiskey, lemon, clove, cinnamon and honey.  Then I promptly fall asleep!  LOL

Feel better!

MommyJDTJ
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I hope you and the little boy feel better.

Poor guy he can't take anything really to help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

both of my girls have them and get them ever year lol

Saille717
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM

The little guy I watch is down to just a cough...and it's not breaking through in his sleep anymore, so he's feeling a lot better.  He did a lot of sleeping yesterday.  I popped a few benedryl last night and slept like the dead and I do feel better today.  Not all the way better, but I don't feel like I need to go back to bed and lock the door.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)