Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

wishing i had more friends

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

does anyone else feel they don't have any friends that relate to them. I'm a 23 year old stay at home mom with a 4 year old boy, tristan and a 6 month old girl, makayla. all of my friends don't have any children so they don't understand anything that i am going through.any one else feel the same as me?

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marymo2011
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I'm 31 and I know plenty of people with babies but I still don't have any friends. I used to try do hard to make them, but now I'm just numb. Love my family and I guess that's what matters!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlcarrot
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Yep. I'm 24 and none of the girls I know are even INTERESTED in hanging out with me due to the fact I had a kid and i'm "too busy" to go to the bar or out to lunch.

MommyJDTJ
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Yeah, pretty much same here. I have "friends" with kids, but doesn't feel like it. I've stopped trying. Oh, and I'm 27, with a 5 yr old ds and a 14.5 mo old ds.

Quoting marymo2011:

I'm 31 and I know plenty of people with babies but I still don't have any friends. I used to try do hard to make them, but now I'm just numb. Love my family and I guess that's what matters!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly2188
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM
I'm 23 with three kids and know what you mean. none of my friends from school have kids and because of that we drifted apart. I have tried meeting moms in the area, but they are all older than me so it's not like an awesome friendship like my friends before kids. : (
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

It is always hard when shifting from mostly friends without children to finding friends with kids.

Have you gotten involved in activities where you would find other moms?  Library story time, mom groups, MOPS, toddler classes, etc...?

girlcarrot
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Quoting Kelly2188:

I'm 23 with three kids and know what you mean. none of my friends from school have kids and because of that we drifted apart. I have tried meeting moms in the area, but they are all older than me so it's not like an awesome friendship like my friends before kids. : (

you sound JUST like me. All older, and all have a different ideal and they don't like me so our kids never hang out!

/i'm natural, extended breastfeeding friendly, tattoos and piercings. Man, I am such a hot mess to the older women who are nothing like me! or ideals like me!

tatmommyof4
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Im 32 with 4 kids and i dont have any friends..lol. Dont get me wrong, i know women with kids but they are all still in the party phase (going to clubs and bars and staying out all night) thats not for me. if i drink its at home with my hubby.
GrumpyHermit
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Yes I one hundred percent feel that way. Where I live there's only wives in their thirties and I don't relate to them at all. There are wives that are younger then me but they are way too young...they still act like they're in HS and that shit drives me nuts. No one likes you when you're 25 :-(!!! LOL to be honest the only friends I have live thousands of miles away, not counting DH. 

mummy1990
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I have one friend, and I have come to the conclusion, the less I have, the less drama that is in my life. My friend has a DD and DS on the way. We're both 21 and married so we get each other, where as before I had my son, she and I didn't talk that much, because she had a kid at 18, and I out partying like a rockstar, then when I got pregnant and had my kid at 20, thats when we became really good friends. I've literally dropped most of the people that use to be my really good friends in highschool, they were mad that I didn't want to party anymore and I wanted a family. Less drama for me.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I'll admit, there are times when I feel friendless (I'm not, lol, they all just have lives too).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN