Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

"I'm glad I don't have a daughter" and "Shes going to give you hell"...smh

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
  • 420 Replies
91 moms liked this

I have an 8 year old daughter and am so sick of people telling me how hard girls are to have, and how glad they are they don't have girls...When a little boy likes girls he is "just like dad" and when he acts rowdy its "boys being boys" and when he gets his first girl friends, its like a pat on the back.  When little girls do these things its like she has committed some unnatrual sin.  Since when is responsiblity for self control and pregnancy put soley on the girls shoulders?  It makes me want to say, "Well maybe if you raised your son with some self respect and self control, then maybe less girls would come home pregnant"   I think it is totally natural that my daughter is starting to like boys and I don't think that means that she is going to be wild, or come home pregnant at 16 or that I have done something horrible as a mom....Just had to vent :)  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Edit: I know there are many good mamas to sons. Not directed at Yall, just venting about some that bother me. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamer_8291
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM
54 moms liked this
My DD is only 3, but I do agree with you. Seeing teens pregnant or they have babies, it's always the girls that get bashed for it or looked down on. It's not fair. It takes 2 to make a baby people!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
16 moms liked this
I think boys need to be held accountable for their actions and choices. You can bet birth control is something I very much will teach the boys is their responsibility... I also don't think kids developing and maturing, reaching new milestones, etc... is something shameful or negative.
roxxyt
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM
9 moms liked this
Being the mother of both that are now grown, we taught them all to take responsibility for their actions, and yes it takes two so now being faced with an 18yr old that is pregnant, they both know they screwed up, she didn't get her pills and he didn't use a condom, they want to keep the baby now they have at least 18 yrs to think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulajean65
by Paula on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
50 moms liked this

Honestly, it really angers me that the girls always get bashed and people treat them like they have the plague or something. And the thing that ticks me off the most is when the boys parents accuse only the girl of doing something wrong! EXCUSE ME!! HE dipped his "pole" and didn't think to use any protection, so where is it all HER fault?? True, the pill is out there and all other kinds of birth control BUT why is it that everyone expects the GIRL to take 100% responsibility??

I feel for all of the young ladies today that get pregnant because society always puts a brand on them and the young men are always congratulated for another "lay"! AND THAT PISSES ME OFF! A pat on the back for the young man and a label for the young lady!!! Not to mention the young mans parents always saying that the young lady is only trying to TRAP the young man! YEAH RIGHT! TEACH HIM TO KEEP IT TO HIMSELF AND CRAP LIKE THIS WON'T HAPPEN!

Needless to say, this is one battle that I could go on and on about for hours!

KoKun
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I feel the same way.  <3

namestaken
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM
7 moms liked this
You sound like a good mom. :)
lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

When my 18 year old brother came home from school one day and told my mom that his 16 year old girlfriend was pregnant, she was FURIOUS! At both of them and her parents; when my brother started dating his now estranged wife she bought him condoms and asked my SIL if she needed help getting on birth control. My mom went as far as to talk to the other mom (not normally would she have done this but the mother was ummm not exactly hands on or available for her children) about getting her on birth control.

The mother told my mom "Ashley and Logan are always here with the door open and we would never leave them alone", my mom knew it was out of her hands but harped on my brother about using protection!! Telling him that if he happened to get her pregnant he was just as much resposible for it happening as she is. Well, noone listened to my mothers warning or advice and she ended up pregnant eight months after they started dated.

Anyway, I am with you OP!! All the way!! I think it's a sad world when girls and women get treated like second rate citizens for doing what boys get applauded for.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I am with you op.  I have 3 girls and I hear it alot.  My oldest 12 though but time is passing

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
53 moms liked this
When I was pregnant with my dd my mom told me

When you have a boy it is easier because you only worry about 1 penis, when you have a girl you have to worry about ALL the penises.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmother5946
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
7 moms liked this
My mil started warning me about DD getting pregnant. "you better watch her like a hawk, she'll be sneaking out the window and getting pregnant". DD was 13 months old at the time.
Then her dad was " she's going to get pregnant and your going to be a grandma to a salt and pepper baby". She was 12. The salt and pepper remark went over real well with my lawyer. She's African American. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN