Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm glad I don't have a daughter" and "Shes going to give you hell"...smh

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an 8 year old daughter and am so sick of people telling me how hard girls are to have, and how glad they are they don't have girls...When a little boy likes girls he is "just like dad" and when he acts rowdy its "boys being boys" and when he gets his first girl friends, its like a pat on the back.  When little girls do these things its like she has committed some unnatrual sin.  Since when is responsiblity for self control and pregnancy put soley on the girls shoulders?  It makes me want to say, "Well maybe if you raised your son with some self respect and self control, then maybe less girls would come home pregnant"   I think it is totally natural that my daughter is starting to like boys and I don't think that means that she is going to be wild, or come home pregnant at 16 or that I have done something horrible as a mom....Just had to vent :)  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Edit: I know there are many good mamas to sons. Not directed at Yall, just venting about some that bother me. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

While it does take 2 to make a baby, i think girls are more emotional when it comes to guys. They let their heart give way to the first guy that comes along.

smilelovesmile
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this

i always say i am glad i had girls, if they do, god forbid, get pregnant at 16, at least they can only get pregnant once every nine months, some little boy could be running around, and knocking a girl up everyday if he so chose and they didnt protect themselves. lol  They SHOULD both be responsible, but it does seem in my friend sand family and aquantices that the parenting falls to the woman or girl and the guy, or boy gets off almost scott free

sjump25
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

When I was pregnant with my daughter I got "Oh good luck" and "girls are so hard!"  I would get so frustrated!  Like instead of letting me be excited i was having a girl (and I was!) they were trying to scare me.  

andiemouse3
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
7 moms liked this

I say SCREW THEM!! I hate when people tell me "three girls? Oh you are going to have your hands full! You better lock them up at 13!" Seriously? No shit I have my hands full, I have three children!! The fact that they are little girls doesn't make all that much of a difference. It doesn't have to mean that ONLY girls are capable of creating lives so we just lock them up and restrict them as much as possible; boys have the tool that fertilizes OUR tool, so let us put two and two together and give boys 50% of that responsibility. Boys can often be just as hard to raise as girls; like when they come home at 18 saying they got their gf pregnant and then they just walk away. You know that girl has to raise that baby right? You know it was YOUR SON who helped create that life right? You know it was YOUR CHILD who turned his back right? So why is it that we ONLY fear that our girls will come home pregnant and have to raise a baby? Our son's (no matter how well we think we did) can WALK THE HELL AWAY!!!!!! That is JUST AS SCARY to me as one of my ladies coming home telling me they are pregnant. So if that is the case and that boy even THINKS he can just walk away, guess again son because it is 50/50 there; my daughter has the womb and you have the sperm so YOU WILL take part. People who think raising boys are the innocent and the one's less likely to get in trouble; guess again.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
To quote Jeremy Kyle the boys need "to put something on the end of it" as well. I have a tendancy 2 forget 2 take pills all the time and im sure a lot of girls out there do 2. Its a sad society when the boys arent held responsible for their actions but the girls are treated like the plague.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I always tell people that they are equally hard to raise just in different ways. I hate people who act like girls have to be watched and boys don't. I am not playing that game. Just because you were born with a penis doesn't mean you get to run around doing what you want!

fedupmom33
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello everyone,

I just want to say its not fair to label all girls.  I never took my mother through changes growing up.  I have a daughter, she was a breeze at the start.  Once she turned 17, she thought she knew everything.  It worries me, I tried to be the best parent I know how to be.  I know where some of my mistakes were made.  I try not to say yes to everything,I try not to say no to everything, sometimes I would even compromise.  I found for my child this was not good.  She started questioning my authority.  What I should have done was let my yes mean yes and my no mean no at all times.  I didn't.  Now, I have not had to worry about her chasing after boys and being lose with her body.  This is what I'm going through at this moment.  She wants to travel on the buses and trains alone.  I realize she is 17, my concern is that my daughter has no since of fear or caution.  I constantly tell her she has to be aware of her surroundings.  She thinks nothing can happen to her, and if it does she will know how to get out of it.  I informed her I didn't want her to be afraid of living, but be cautious of the world.  She can be very trusting at times and I'm worried about her.  I informed her maturity comes with time and also when walking with your ears and eyes close you will continue to stumble or cause yourself to stumble.  I want the best life possible for my daughter,it hurts that she does not see this.  I sacrifice soooooooooooooooo much for her and she takes me for granted.  I now will have to change my way of parenting toward her.  I am only trying to prepare her for life.

NiCo86
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM
9 moms liked this
I laughed at my boss aaaaaaall the time about how "haha I don't have girls!!!" when she was on her last nerve with her tween daughters emotions, attitude, break downs, attitude lol the emotional roller coaster of girls is what I, anyways, am happy to not have a girl about. It has NOTHING to do with teen pregnancy?!?!?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I agree with you!! 

Supervane
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting dreamer_8291:

My DD is only 3, but I do agree with you. Seeing teens pregnant or they have babies, it's always the girls that get bashed for it or looked down on. It's not fair. It takes 2 to make a baby people!!

Agreed! I have always said the the problem is not just how we are raising our girls but also HOW BOYS ARE BEING RAISED!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)