Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

"I'm glad I don't have a daughter" and "Shes going to give you hell"...smh

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an 8 year old daughter and am so sick of people telling me how hard girls are to have, and how glad they are they don't have girls...When a little boy likes girls he is "just like dad" and when he acts rowdy its "boys being boys" and when he gets his first girl friends, its like a pat on the back.  When little girls do these things its like she has committed some unnatrual sin.  Since when is responsiblity for self control and pregnancy put soley on the girls shoulders?  It makes me want to say, "Well maybe if you raised your son with some self respect and self control, then maybe less girls would come home pregnant"   I think it is totally natural that my daughter is starting to like boys and I don't think that means that she is going to be wild, or come home pregnant at 16 or that I have done something horrible as a mom....Just had to vent :)  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Edit: I know there are many good mamas to sons. Not directed at Yall, just venting about some that bother me. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rosehawk
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a tomboy, have been all my life. I have NEVER seen myself raising a girl. Girl, as defined by me: Wants to wear all pink frilly clothes that stain if you think to hard at them. Wants to play inside with dolls all day long. Those girly-girls that sit around and talk about boys and clothes and gossip about everything all the time.

I have a 5 year old daughter. She's more into puddle jumping and making mud pies than her 8 year old brother. She's into all things outdoors and wants to do every sport under the sun. She's a tomboy just like me.

I love my daughter. I am also glad she is like me, even though some days she's a little too much like and we butt heads a lot. I'm also glad that she's not that princessy, prissy, frilly girl that I know nothing about or how to relate to.

RavenDravenF
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I'm with you on this
beaularson91
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM
there are perfectly good mamas out there with sons who are teen dads just like there are respectble girls who made the mistake so you can't always blame the parents
ele2837
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I've never had anyone tell me that. I wanted a boy for my first pregnancy and I am so glad I was blessed with my little girl. Your children are who you expect them to be.

AthenaRadhaGaia
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

im the mother of a son and i totally agree

vmoneyb7
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

DD is almost 2, I got pregnant with her at 17. I have a brother that is 4 years older than me and growing up he always got to do more than I did. When he had intercourse the first time my parents were almost proud of him, but when I did, it seemed as though the world had stopped spinning. If parents would raise their children equally and teach them the same things it would be a better experience. Favoring a son's actions over a daughter's is not going to help. I know that when I got in trouble for things like that I didn't stop, I started sneaking and lying because I wanted to do them anyhow. I hope that I can learn from those mistakes my parents made with me and teach DD the right way.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

At the same time, a girl can only get knocked up once (at a time) but a boy can knock up as many women as he can sleep with in a given period. OP I agree it's pretty annoying. 

Quoting MommeeTo4:

When I was pregnant with my dd my mom told me

When you have a boy it is easier because you only worry about 1 penis, when you have a girl you have to worry about ALL the penises.

CafeMom Tickers
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I get what you are saying. Drives me nuts too! I have a 3 year old little girl and I hear it all the time. "I'm so glad I didn't have a little girl! They are so hard to handle when they get older!" Umm.... not really. Yeah, they tend to be more expensive because of accessories. Honestly, my mother says that I was the easiest out of us three kids, and my older siblings are both boys. Thats saying something because I was hell as a teen...

HisUsmcWifey
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I love, love, love being a mom to a girl! Gianna is a princess and spoiled rotten and I wouldn't have it any other way. Not to mention I get to buy her the cutest clothes and play dress up with her! I think people will always say that one sex is easier than the other but in the end it just boils down to your parenting type. :0)

*Denise* Proud USMC Wifey and Mommy to one spoiled gymboree princess, Gianna!!
Photobucket
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
True

Quoting boshs1andonly:

At the same time, a girl can only get knocked up once (at a time) but a boy can knock up as many women as he can sleep with in a given period. OP I agree it's pretty annoying. 

Quoting MommeeTo4:

When I was pregnant with my dd my mom told me

When you have a boy it is easier because you only worry about 1 penis, when you have a girl you have to worry about ALL the penises.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)