Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm glad I don't have a daughter" and "Shes going to give you hell"...smh

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an 8 year old daughter and am so sick of people telling me how hard girls are to have, and how glad they are they don't have girls...When a little boy likes girls he is "just like dad" and when he acts rowdy its "boys being boys" and when he gets his first girl friends, its like a pat on the back.  When little girls do these things its like she has committed some unnatrual sin.  Since when is responsiblity for self control and pregnancy put soley on the girls shoulders?  It makes me want to say, "Well maybe if you raised your son with some self respect and self control, then maybe less girls would come home pregnant"   I think it is totally natural that my daughter is starting to like boys and I don't think that means that she is going to be wild, or come home pregnant at 16 or that I have done something horrible as a mom....Just had to vent :)  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Edit: I know there are many good mamas to sons. Not directed at Yall, just venting about some that bother me. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
Scarlette12
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a daughter, I wanted a daughter when I first found out I was pregnant... I would of been happy if she turn out a boy instead but she came out as a girl lol..

Anyways, I got so pissed off when mothers my age or older said things like "I am so glad I had a boy, I don't have to worry about him coming home saying I'm pregnant at 16", I gave that look like are you kidding me? I would always respond "Don't have to worry about him being pregnant might wanna worry him getting someone else pregnant and being filed for child support, having to work to pay for child support in some case you are going have to pay the child support"....

It usually put them on their toes and leave me be to be happy that I am having a girl. Boys and Girls are responable for pregnancy.

Boys have mood swings when they hit puberty just like girls, my bother is difficult to handle he's in the puberty stage making attitudes, not talking to us when he ask him question and getting embarrassed for his little hormonel drive.Even though girls are pretty bad doesn't mean boys aren't too..

Both are equal and should be treated equal!

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a daughter, 14.  When I found out I was pregnant, I wanted it to be a girl and so did my husband.   But... the drama and screaming of my teenaged daughter can be a little trying and some days, I want to just ship her to a bording school in Switzerland or trade her for a silk potted plant.  She just recently went to camp and those two weeks she was away were quiet and peacful.  Lovely.  But, I love her dearly and really wouldn't trade her for anything.  I understand the emotional rollercoaster she is going thru and the anxiety of starting highschool is causing the drama.  

Ballad
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

The Sexual Revolution didn't do women any favors.  There used to be strong social taboos against sex before marriage, and teen sex especially.  The taboos made a fence between women and men.  Was it confining?  Sure, but it also protected women, who would by far bear the greater share of the consequences for having babies out of wedlock.  Before the days of DNA, there was no way to prove who the father was, so men could make babies and then be off the hook.  Now the fence is torn down, everybody is free to do what they want, but it's still the women who pay dearly for irresponsible choices.  They get the hardship of raising children while their own education is interrupted or ended, and their lives are changed forever.  Men can walk away, eve if they end up paying child support, that's not the same thing as raising a child day in and day out.  Statistics show that most teen daddies are out of the picture by the time their children are three years old.  I know of one man, or human alley cat, really, who has two women pregnant right now, one who just gave birtha few months ago, and a couple before that, and he struts around grinning and bragging.  He has no intention of raising any of his children, they're just notches in his belt.  Meanwhile, the mothers will have eighteen years or more of hard work ahead of them.  I'm blessed to have a daughter, but you can bet I'll teach her to insist on condoms, and hopefully, to have enough self-respect not to give herself away before she even knows who she is.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Before I got pregnant I always said I was glad that I didn't have a girl, not for any of the reasons you mention though. (I plan on teaching my boys to be respectable and responsible.) I twas more because little girls have attitudes, and they say whatever you do to your parents comes back to haunt you times 10! SO I would be screwed!!! LOL

I also thought little girls were more expensive and harder to get ready. You have to brush their hair and they have to have accessories.

Now that I have two boys I have learned that boys also have attitudes and are also expensive... They are also mean and outgrow their mommies faster. (Okay, they aren't always mean... but you catch my drift)

I am expecting my last baby and I am hoping for a girl.

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Agree-Hate the double standards.

jellybeanjean
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Well I had my baby girl in March of this year, I was thrilled and so were the people around me.....but I come from a very matriarchal family. Women in my family are all moms-who-wear-the-pants, breadwinners and overall strong ladies.  While I think there is always a bit more concern with having girls...it's also an equally wonderful blessing. Females tend to be more family oriented and that is a beautiful thing! Just gotta raise the girls as strong little surviors =)

my4kidsrock2
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 boys and 2 girls. My girls are BY FAR the easiest ones to manage.

jellybeanjean
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ele2837:

Your children are who you expect them to be.

I love this! =)

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I think most people who say that are secretly jealous they don't have a daughter and they say that to put you down (for having what they don't). I have a girl and a boy and I LOVE it. I think anyone could be content whether they have all boys, all girls, or both, but some people can't STAND for anyone to have something they don't. If you had boys and they only had girls they would find something to say about boys too I assure you. I wouldn't waste my time around people like that.

emiliasmom1028
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I am glad that I have a girl. I know that I wouldn't be able to handle a boy. I feel that boys are supposed to have more self respect for girls.

I do get the "Oh you have to watch her with those boys." My response is "All her boyfriends will know that I am a lawyer and part of the NRA. Have them mess with her...it would be the biggest mistake they every made."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)