Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

"I'm glad I don't have a daughter" and "Shes going to give you hell"...smh

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an 8 year old daughter and am so sick of people telling me how hard girls are to have, and how glad they are they don't have girls...When a little boy likes girls he is "just like dad" and when he acts rowdy its "boys being boys" and when he gets his first girl friends, its like a pat on the back.  When little girls do these things its like she has committed some unnatrual sin.  Since when is responsiblity for self control and pregnancy put soley on the girls shoulders?  It makes me want to say, "Well maybe if you raised your son with some self respect and self control, then maybe less girls would come home pregnant"   I think it is totally natural that my daughter is starting to like boys and I don't think that means that she is going to be wild, or come home pregnant at 16 or that I have done something horrible as a mom....Just had to vent :)  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Edit: I know there are many good mamas to sons. Not directed at Yall, just venting about some that bother me. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (411-420):
Isobel1
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:05 AM

I was 16 years old and pregnant and married so I know all about it. So, when I ended up a mother to 3 sons I made it my mission to ensure that my sons did not do that to anyone else's daughter. as soon and they reached puberty and were going out I used to ask them , "did u remember to take your raincoat" . It became a joke to them as they got older, but being open and discussing the responsibilities of parenthood make a big difference. Do unto others............. I am now a 56 year old grandmother of 2 and my eldest grandchild is only 6 years old and my other son has a baby of 7 months. Maybe I did the job too well ????

2lilmamas
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Quoting MommeeTo4:

When I was pregnant with my dd my mom told me

When you have a boy it is easier because you only worry about 1 penis, when you have a girl you have to worry about ALL the penises.

lol
ssfahrlender
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's hard being a parent PERIOD! Boy or Girl. As far as teen pregnancy, babies having babies is never a good thing. As a Mother of Boys, me and my husband have the responsibility of raising GOOD MEN......educated, law abidding, responsible for caring for their families and taking this life serious MEN! Raising GOOD MEN is not an easy job....lots of pressure. So where I understand your concerns about the bad rap girls get unfairly, please know that raising boys is not an easy task either. Being a good parent is hard work!
chloesmommy777
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Exactly. Who better to relate than us women... moms to moms; all (most..) women to women! My one and only is a girl/young woman of merely 14, and it's a constant to shield her from the negative impact of all sexism/misogyny...

gamma3
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Also just remember not all birthcontrols are 100%.  I have 3 grandkids that were a product of using birthcontrol and condoms.  They are married.  Better to not do it at all especially if they are not married.

namestaken
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Oh yes. We are ttc #2 and I honestly think it would be quite a job with a son. Especially in todays culture to raise a good man. My hats off to u mama, you sound l
ike a good mom :)
Karens_mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
As many advances our country has made, there are still some old faahioned notions we cling to. Maybe because women haven't been liberated long enough and we still have women who choose to live in oppressive societies, but whatever the reason we need to educate both sexes and make sure they don't live in a sexist household.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Januarybaby104
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I have 2 son's and then a girl my son's r my heart . my girl she has a strong will was born with it i think god gave her somthen extra . How do i say my son's and her r like nite and day she has keep us on r toes . My baby's r grown now . She is still a storm 2 b delt with and my 2 son's r more go with the flow . I love them god know i do i have learned alot from whatching her grow in to a lovely young lady w/  a tom-boy on the side. The old fraz it take 2 4 all most everything.

bclive1983
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM

That is a double standard that has been around for centuries.  Some people still abort the female fetus because in the culture they live in it is unnacceptable to leave things to the girl and only boys have the rights of the family assetts.  It is not  a good thing at all.  Unfortuantely, people fail to see that females are the reason males are here and we should be held to the same standard if not a higher one.  If it wasn't for us they wouldn't be here either.

Amyinthesky
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM

No,You are not the only one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN