Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

over reacting??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 19 Replies

so the bf goes next door to get hammered almost all the time,,,, i really dont care for doing that.... nor for the ppl he goes to do it with,,,, i protest it everytime.... so he comes home and asks me if i wanted to go outside to watch fire works.... i tell him no and ask if he will stay home he says he will be back in a little while.... i decide to go outside,,, and what do i ove hear him say??? "i dont care about her, i just wanna have fun!!"  i left, he didnt even put his beer down..... i dont know what to do,,,, he is a really great person other than this problem... did i over react??? been with him for 2 yrs...

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
No you didn't over react!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM
No, you did not over react.

Have you spoken to him about this? Have you told him you think he has a drinking problem?
lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd have a small bag of overnight goodies packed, I'd have a place to go in case "things get heated" and I would not tolerate being talked about or treated that way.

I would calmly, politely, lovingly explain to him that his "funloving" behaviour is getting in the way of making your relationship "work" and you want to be with him, love him for who he is but need to know from him what he needs and expects from the relationship..

If he does anything but tell you in the same manner in which you came to him in what he needs and wants; I would tell him you have made plans to stay elsewhere and pick up your bag and walk out the door.

He will either come begging you for another chance and for the opportunity to make it up to you or you will get on with your life. Life is way too short to hang on to "what if" moments or "he is good most of the time", there are men out there that would be good to you "all of the time"; that is what you and every women deserves!

pamelax3
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Sounds like he needs to grow up! With that being said, maybe you could try and hang out with him and see what he is up to

Maevelyn
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Do you have fun together? Do you ever say yes when he wants to do things or are you constantly blowing him off it he doesn't want to just sit on his ass in the house? I'm not trying to be mean or say you should just do whatever he wants but it's hard to be with some one who doesn't seem interesting in having fun or hanging out with you (as two adults and friends, not just parents or room mates.) Talk to him and check on his feelings too. 

HTMommy
by Crystal on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

If its a constant problem than no not really, but it sounds like you guys may have different priorities and need to sit down and have a heart to heart. Sometimes guys say stupid crap to their buddies but don't mean it, and this may be the case here, but then again if its an all the time thing then maybe he does feel like that because he's not spending time with you enjoying what he likes.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Is he an alcoholic?

marymo2011
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds young- maybe a teenager? I think you should listen to him when he said "I don't care about her". He sounds worthless if you ask me. Is there a child involved? If not, run and don't look back. If so, get custody. He's not worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFCsarah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I agree... My ex was the same way and has not changed in 4 years..... I now have full custody and he is still hanging out at his friends house all the time drinking

Quoting marymo2011:

He sounds young- maybe a teenager? I think you should listen to him when he said "I don't care about her". He sounds worthless if you ask me. Is there a child involved? If not, run and don't look back. If so, get custody. He's not worth it.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Well said

Quoting marymo2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)