Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

confuse need help

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
hi everyone. i need help, i just got done with a brake up and we r fighting for custody. i moved from ohio and i dont have family here. am havin a hard time getting to places and takin care of my baby, i dont have a job or a car. also i live in a small town which has no jobs.... need advice really bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Texascandee
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for.......Is there anyway you can get back close to your family?  It's going to be really tough on you not having a job or a car.  If you are fighting for custody, what are your chances of winning?  I'm just wondering from the outside or a judges side, how would you provide for your child (ren) with no job?

tinakali
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM
well am getting help from thr government. am trying to finish school but am just really stressed out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Sorry you are going through that but again, I understand you're getting help BUT would you be able to take care of your child on your own?  As in paying for daycare while you're in school, paying rent/mortgage, etc?  This is all things a judge will look at and ask you about.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

hugs  I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed out.

Quoting tinakali:

well am getting help from thr government. am trying to finish school but am just really stressed out.

Mrs.Tirado
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I know u are trying to finish school but know that u must get a job and move back to where u have family. U better get a job because u need to prove to the judge that u can take care of your kid(s) . Its going to be hard but YOU CAN DO IT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Lots of women start new chapters in their life with nothing but a good friend, the diligence to move forward and the courage to face the adversity. You can do it just like others before you but you need to have income and a stable place to stay. And you must realize that if the dad petitions for custody you will have to have a way to be present for all the scheduled hearings and mediations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN