Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confuse need help

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
hi everyone. i need help, i just got done with a brake up and we r fighting for custody. i moved from ohio and i dont have family here. am havin a hard time getting to places and takin care of my baby, i dont have a job or a car. also i live in a small town which has no jobs.... need advice really bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Texascandee
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are looking for.......Is there anyway you can get back close to your family?  It's going to be really tough on you not having a job or a car.  If you are fighting for custody, what are your chances of winning?  I'm just wondering from the outside or a judges side, how would you provide for your child (ren) with no job?

tinakali
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM
well am getting help from thr government. am trying to finish school but am just really stressed out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Sorry you are going through that but again, I understand you're getting help BUT would you be able to take care of your child on your own?  As in paying for daycare while you're in school, paying rent/mortgage, etc?  This is all things a judge will look at and ask you about.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

hugs  I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed out.

Quoting tinakali:

well am getting help from thr government. am trying to finish school but am just really stressed out.

Mrs.Tirado
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I know u are trying to finish school but know that u must get a job and move back to where u have family. U better get a job because u need to prove to the judge that u can take care of your kid(s) . Its going to be hard but YOU CAN DO IT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Lots of women start new chapters in their life with nothing but a good friend, the diligence to move forward and the courage to face the adversity. You can do it just like others before you but you need to have income and a stable place to stay. And you must realize that if the dad petitions for custody you will have to have a way to be present for all the scheduled hearings and mediations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN