Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honest opinion please! kinda long

My 10 yr old son passed away from cancer on July 7.. no insurance.
I did have a few thousand in savings, that I used to pay for his funeral.

I asked his great aunt(dad aunt) to make funeral arrangements, no money. She said okay. We went to funeral home that Monday, his dad too. I explained to Funeral director I only had about $ 2600 to pay for everything. His aunt interrupted and told me, not to worry, she would pay, for whatever else, and my son dad would pay her back.

I told her no, my son dad don't have any money,he only get disability .... he won't be able to oay her back. She gets upset start crying, telling me she will take care of church service, food etc.

I relentlessly told her okay, but don't come to me later, saying I owe anything. Because I told funeral director ... this is all I got 2600. My son had a Mentor, who called me ... ask me how can he help? I told him, I need $50 to help with funeral. He said he would collect money.

That Friday, day of funeral ... he gave me $600, told me use it as I please. My son aunt had befriended Mentor, over the last few weeks.

She got word, he gave me money, confronted me... said she had to pay her church for food and service.
she wanted $600, I told her, half or nothing. She refused d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Replies (11-16):
aschwarz06
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
The aunt is so wrong! She offered to help when you said you'd give her nothing! And she said if she wanted it shed get.it from dad. So that's where she should go. I understand he don't have it but neither do you and you put up so much of your money already. You need to run far away and do your own Grieving and not letting others bother you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziSunshine678
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM

dear hopealways -

i am soooooooooo happy to hear that this awful aunt is totally out of your life now - that is one thing i no longer have to worry about for you -

i'm hoping that you have some very loving and caring people surrounding you to give you the love,care and support that you so need during this very difficult time in your life -

you seem to be an extremely intelligent and resourceful woman and i'm betting that you have done all the right things to do what you have to do in this life, so that you are able to carry out the responsibilities that you must each day and every day -

i seriously believe in the power of prayer - and, with your permission, i would like to put your name on the   chain of prayer we have at our church - i happen to belong to a united methodist church - but, believe that their is ONLY ONE GOD, and it is HE who looks after and cares for us all -

please take care of yourself - because if you don't, nobody else will -

and always know that you have a friend in me - i'm only a pm away -

much love - suziSunshine - hugging

susan115
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Don't associate with her.  You have enough on your plate, you don't the extra stress.  You sound like a very responsible adult, your son must of been very proud of you. I, know I am. Take care of yourself.

l.e.v
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM
im so sorry for your loss, ignore her because money has got to be the furthest thing from your mind, and its pretty selfish and wrong of her to bring it up now... im sorry again for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelley032
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I think you made it clear to her. She is wrong to ask u for anything
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Thank you so much!

Quoting susan115:

Don't associate with her.  You have enough on your plate, you don't the extra stress.  You sound like a very responsible adult, your son must of been very proud of you. I, know I am. Take care of yourself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)