Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Does anyone else love garage sales?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd, mom, and I go every Friday looking for garage sales. I have found some great, great finds. I think one of the best earlier this year was the double bike trailer/jogging stroller for $60. Barely used! I don't think any clothes or shoes I've bought for dd have cost me more than a dollar. And all of her toys at grandma's house have all come from garage sales. Loads and loads of them!
Do any of you like going to garage sales? Had any incredible finds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
1CrazyCajun
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

My mom, aunt and I go about once every two months. We get a newpaper and city map. We draw up a plan the night before. We mainly stay in the 'rich' part of town. lol. I like buying books I can't find on my kindle. Tools for my husband, Christmand decor and on occasion a piece of furniture.

After we are done, we go have a big breakfast at iHop.

¸¸Mainstream Moms¸¸ Yep, it's a label. Come join the normal side of parenting. No AP.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I don't go to them much!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

My mom, aunt and I go about once every two months. We get a newpaper and city map. We draw up a plan the night before. We mainly stay in the 'rich' part of town. lol. I like buying books I can't find on my kindle. Tools for my husband, Christmand decor and on occasion a piece of furniture.

I would have to say those are good plans...I don't have the time to do that!

MissMia22
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I love garage sales and so does mmy son lol if he sees colorful homemade signs on the side of the road he will point and tell me to go to that garage sale lol he is 3 :)

crazeknot
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I love garage sales, yard sales & swap meets. Last weekend I had a yard sale & next month the first or second weekend I'll go to the swap meet too sell. That is how I get rid of everything that didn't sell @ the yard sale. When I was in college that's how I supported myself. Would have a apartment complex yard sale. Usually the whole neighborhood would get involved. The short of the matter is I love to give them & going on a treasure hunt @ garage sale or yard sale.

checkintwice
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Love going to yard sales and garage sales! Flea markets and such! Best way to find a bargain for the buck!

jwkaye
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I imagine my daughter saying something like that in a couple of years. Too funny!!

Quoting jewelryforfive:

I love them! I buy clothes for my family, displays for my jewelry business, household items...I love the things I find. We yardsale so much that when my son was 3 he said, "mom, we need to go to a yard sale. We're almost out of toothpaste." :-) That's one thing I've NEVER purchased used!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jwkaye
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:31 AM
That is my kind of plan, maybe we should start including ihop in ours!

And we get our plan from the city webite, it has a list and map of all the garage sale permits for that day.

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jwkaye
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe this! We were out just yesterday and got a jogging stroller for $15! And one of my friends gave me hers over the weekend. So now, my jogging buddy and I each have a jogging stroller for our babies! Unbelievable how blessed I was to get this for us! Just HAD to share!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasheart2012
by Donna on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:52 AM
I love garage sales. But I live in a small town that doesnt have very many. My hubbys boss holds a regular auction every Friday night that I go to. He also holds a consignment auction once a month that I also go to. Had that one last week. I got 2 strollers (1 like brand new), a toy horse, and a practically new pink car seat and booster seat combo (with the back on its a big kid car seat. Take it off and its a booster seat). And I got all this for just $2.00. Thats NOT a typo. I really only paid $2.00 for it all. What a deal!!!! And dd1 loves the car seat but keeps telling me she has to be extra carefull with it so sissy can use it to when she gets bigger. So precious and cute!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)