Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Mommy Heartattacks( You Know What I Mean )

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

I HATE mommy heartattacks. You know, those moments when your kids do something and you feel like your heart just stopped. My 2 year old son just went running from the living room into the kithchen and went head first in Grandma's China Hutch. Thankfully, aside from a red welt on his forhead, he's fine. I can't say the same for the China Hutch though. One section of glass got shattered out. I swear I'm not going to survive the toddler years. I have had more of these moments with my son then I have with my 7 year old, 6 year old, and 4 year old daughters combined.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM
My dd took the child safety thing off the front doorknob unlocked it and got out. She was napping and her dad took a nap. I went down the street for business related. When I got home she was gone. I was about to throw up I was so panicked. I was about to call the cops when my husband found her at the neighbors. We installed a chain lock. Theres also been plenty of times I thought she was going to break her neck. Shes 3. I realize growing I thought adults said youll break your neck to scare us. Now I see they were really afraid it was going to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:32 AM

so scary

Reina13
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Oh no. Glad he is okay.

I have 3 boys so I am constantly having mommy heart attacks.

The_Doodle
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I went to the bathroom while I was home alone with my daughter (2 yo). We have a flat screen TV that is on a big, sturdy base and she never messes with it, but of course I worry about that fluke situation where it may fall on her. Someone in our building slammed a door really loudly and it shook the floor....sounded like something heavy fell in the living room. I started calling her and she wouldn't answer. I freaked out and ran out the bathroom with my pants around my ankles and she was standing there, engrossed in a Yo Gabba Gabba episode (that was too low for me to hear from the bathroom). I laugh at myself now but I was really scared there for a second.

pamelax3
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I hate mommy heart attacks.. I understand I have a 2 yo

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I totally hear you on those.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I have had a million of them!

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM
My 1 yr old is all over the place. And attempting to eat non edibles. Did I mention he is already Houdini ? Yep managed to get through my kitchen road block and manged to make it my room and into my bathroom all in the time it took me answer the door when ups came
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I have a 3 yr old son that falls a lot and I have those mommy heart attacks all the time. He has fallen down the stairs numerous times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

All of these....in less than a year. I definitely know what you mean, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)