Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Meals w/o carbs?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

It seems like in every meal we eat either is a pasta or some kind of potato. Any ideas?

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I do carbs, but we have a "no white" rule at our house.  My husband is a diabetic, so everything has to be whole grain.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM

We are basically the same way.  I'm trying to think of meals that we don't have a pasta or potato in/with it and I am having a hard time remembering any. :/

mom2twingirl797
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Have you tried mashed cauliflower? So good! Steam, drain water, add milk and cream cheese. Then mash like you would potatoes. They taste a lot like mashed potatoes.
sjump25
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Some of my faces are grilled chicken salad, soup, Enchiladas (well not carb free, but not potatoes or pasta), tacos, Chicken and veggie skillet, Stuffed peppers, chicken nachos...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Whole grains and whole wheat here also! I don't do white bread for me but the boys ONLY eat white bread so far! I am slowly working them away from that!

I will eat white potatoes when I am in the mood but it's usually sweet potatoes when I cook potatoes. All pasta is whole grain or whole wheat. Brown rice only and I even do whole grain couscous as a tasty alternative

I actually prefer the whole grains because they are more filling and much tastier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)