Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

**Question of the Day 7/30**

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • 3 Replies
What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ErikaAmerika112
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I really can't pinpoint one thing that actually sticks out in my mind.  I've had several friends/family members that have done nice things for me but I can't think of the "NICEST" thing.

I guess I'll use this one....

About 3 years ago I had a problem with opiates, which all started after getting an injury.  The doctor that fixed me up and sent me on my way prescribed me 3 different opiates just from the initial injury.  As I would come back for check ups, to get the cast off, to get a boot, for more xrays and such... every single time, more medication.  Everyone knows how good they make you feel (and they sure do help pain), you sleep like a rock, and you don't really have a care in the world.

Needless to say after the injury was all healed- I was hooked.  The doctor pretty much cut me off, but by this time I had a full blown opiate addiction- I couldn't just get off of them cold turkey or I was going to experience some serious withdrawal.  So I started buying them from the street, from people I know and so on. It all spiraled outta control and I finally went to a detox facility (whom took exceptionally good care of me) and a rehab facility.  Unfortunately while I was in rehab for some reason or another, my insurance was cut off.  Beings that I had no vehicle (you don't take them to rehab with you), and I was 4 hours from home... I was stuck at a bus station with no phone, and a bunch of suitcases and luggage.  I had no idea where I was or what I was going to do.

I made one phone call and prayed to god that it would work, and it did.  My uncle came and picked me up for 4 1/2 hours away, payed for gas (which he couldn't really afford in a V8 truck) and drove me home and then allowed me to stay with him, because I was homeless- I gave up my apartment when I went to rehab.  He didn't have to do that for me and who knows where I woulda been hadn't he came and picked me up.  I probably would've had to sleep at the bus station in a small city and who knows what I would of came across.  I'm very thankful he did this for  me and to this day, whenever he needs any help with anything at all- I'm always right there. <3

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I think when my sister bought me a van.  I had saved to buy a van and I was traveling to go get my girls from my other sisters house and it broke down after having it for a month, it was so bad beyond repairs.  My other sister thought that would be a set back and starting over to get back on my feet.  so she bought me a van

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:30 PM

My brother showing up at my wedding to walk me down the aisle was pretty amazing.  He was stationed in Germany at the time and told me that he couldn't make it home to do it.  I was fine with that and our younger brother was going to walk me.  Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner to see my brother in his military dress clothes waiting to walk me.  Yes, I lost it and I bawled the entire way down the aisle!

Here's a pic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN