Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Touchy Question--Please read

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 34 Replies

Does your husband lose his cool or come close when your LO(s) are not listening or doing something too slow? Mine is and I am trying to talk to him to help him be more patient with our DD.

Any advice?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texascandee
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Mine does with our gs sometimes.  I have to keep reminding him he's not 8 and should be setting an example

Crissy2424
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Yes, I try to remind him that our LO is only 3.

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Mine definitely does sometimes.  I think talking to him is the best advice that I can give!  That is what I do with my husband.  I remind him that he used to be so patient and that he is really great father.  He usually says that if he is not yelling than he does not feel listened to so we talked to the kids about that...together.  It helped curb his temper.  This just happned a few days ago and so far so good.

Crissy2424
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Thank you! However, I feel like I am giving him a talking to every day or every other day :(

Quoting anotherandree:

Mine definitely does sometimes.  I think talking to him is the best advice that I can give!  That is what I do with my husband.  I remind him that he used to be so patient and that he is really great father.  He usually says that if he is not yelling than he does not feel listened to so we talked to the kids about that...together.  It helped curb his temper.  This just happned a few days ago and so far so good.

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I think it's a guy thing honestly. Mine isn't horrible about it but I think he's to quick to get to that point at times. Guys just arent as paitent as us mama's tend to be I guess

Crissy2424
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Thank you sooooo much, mama!!

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

I think it's a guy thing honestly. Mine isn't horrible about it but I think he's to quick to get to that point at times. Guys just arent as paitent as us mama's tend to be I guess

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Sometimes, give him a taste of his own medicine. When.he can't grasp something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Yeah he does :/ I have to remind him his son is only 5. Sometimes I think he expects more from him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM
No he don't! He talks to her calmly & explains what she did wrong then outs her in time out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)