Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Fast food wage!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

Just to vent and im bored.. i think fast food workers should get more than just minimum wage.. i mean come on.. everyone says "if you can handle fast food, you can handle the stress and pace of any job" and im almost 100 percent in agreement. The stress i go through, the constant moving and running and confusion at times.. is crazy. Not complaining about my job (or id quit) im glad to have a job and be working. I mean everything fast food workers go through6-9 hours a day.. with one 15 min break!? My last job, i got paid minimum wage, did hardly nothing, and got an hour break. LOL. Too bad we moved. Id go back in a heart beat. So just a shout out to all those in fast food resteraunts.. good job! Some days are crazy! (especially for the pregnant and those with minor disabilities -like me) we gotta do what we gotta do to keep our bills paid.. but dang.. a dollar more an hour isnt too much to ask i dont think. LOL.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peacemom28
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I gotta give it to ya..working fast food HAS to be rough! I worked in a gas station for 3 years, it was awful. And I got paid pretty good cause I worked there so long. Hang in there honey. They HAVE to give you a raise at some point. :)

jellybeanjean
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Whats minimum wage in the USA? I am in Canada its 10$ I think....

ttcwlee_18
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

minimum wage is 7.25

elephantmamaof2
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I ran into Sheetz this morning and noticed a sign saying that they were hiring and that they start out at $8.75
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I believe that minimum wage should at least be enough to support a family on.  Sadly in this country, it's not even close.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I'm in total agreement.  :/

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I believe that minimum wage should at least be enough to support a family on.  Sadly in this country, it's not even close.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)