Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

4 late on period and negative pregnancy test. Has anybody had this happen to them???

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slashteddy
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My mom had negative pregnancy tests the entire time she was pregnant with me. :\ Other than that I have no idea - don't really have a lot of friends who are pregnant or have had kids, lol.

LindaDarling
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I think it depends on the type of test you are using.  Some are way more sensitive and can pick up a positive before your period is even due.  Maybe try a different brand of test (one that is an early predictor) or get a test at your doctor's or family planning office.  If you are normally right on time then something is up.  I know the suspense must be killing you.  

When I'm not hanging out at Cafe Mom I can usually be found HERE...

You can grab a gift from me that will help you change your future HERE ...

you rock

wannabmommy3
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yes it really is lol.  I have tried 2 different brands but I also have an appointment at my local family planning clinic on Tuesday (which seems like forever away).  I'm pretty sure I'm going to break the bank on buying tests all the time.  I am ALWAYS right on time, never even a day late.  

LindaDarling
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep us posted!  

When I'm not hanging out at Cafe Mom I can usually be found HERE...

You can grab a gift from me that will help you change your future HERE ...

you rock

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Quoting wannabmommy3:

Yes it really is lol.  I have tried 2 different brands but I also have an appointment at my local family planning clinic on Tuesday (which seems like forever away).  I'm pretty sure I'm going to break the bank on buying tests all the time.  I am ALWAYS right on time, never even a day late.  

How frustrating! I hope Tuesday comes soon for you!!!
1CrazyCajun
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Don't break the bank. Use the Dollar Store kind. lol. I found they work just as good as the other, more expensive ones.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Come join other like minded moms.

-StarsChildren-
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I showed a negative test up until being 3 weeks late. By then I already knew, the test was just something I did so when I called the midwife I could say I had a positive test.

gumbeme06
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM
4 days late.... I never test until I'm a week late. It can also depend on the time of day you test . With dd I got a negative test Saturday night but positive Sunday morning with first pee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM

There are tons of reasons that your period can be late.  I have even skipped months entirely.  I hope you get your answer soon.

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Yes thats happened to me. I was always regular then one cycle out of the blue I didnt start until 3wks later! Dr said it just happens sometimes. Has happened a couple random times in the last few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN