Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

So mad and SO thinks its ok and I'm mean for being mad

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't care if he hangs out with his friends but I'm so mad.
Reason is bc he leaving me wit a toddler ( not big deal), no tv or just a iPad.
And I said be back by 5 (time for dinner) and he got mad bc he would only get 5 or so hrs playing Xbox. I said leave before lunch then n he isn't. Well he told his friends that he had to be home for supper and they teased him about it. So NOW he isn't coming go,e till 8pm or so. Grrr so frustrating I do everything here and have his supper always prepared for him n hot when he gets off work. Tonight he better eat there bc I'm not cooking nothing. (jus me n my son supper).
Oh and no phone unles I call his friend house.
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quoting TCain0001:

His ass needs to grow up.  My kids are 19, 16, 13, and 3, and we have an Xbox ourselves, but they are rarely on it....maybe in the evenings for a little, or on the weekend.  I can doing this maybe once a week, but not everyday......he need to take the time to enjoy his kid.  Another thing.....when it comes to dinner, fix it. If he isn't there to eat it, screw him.  Put it in the fridge.  If he complains about having a cold meal or having to nuke it in the microwave, tell him "well, maybe you'll be on time for dinner next time.  We eat at a certain time......if you're not here, oh well".  I've been married 20 years, and have had to do that to dh on more than one occassion.  He's since learned.........lol.

He dont play like that but every once in a while but my thing washe didn't need to be out till 8pm when he jus worked 2 days and our son didn't really see him. And I fixed dinner at 6pm about he didn't want me to cook for him but had extras.i was upset bc
He went all day basically left at 11am aboutand didn't come home till eight pm which is when our son gets ready for bed ( but had to babysit so didnt go to bed till late but still) when I told him I was gonna babysit he was like well I won't come home till nine then n I got mad.
Then when I called him n told him his son was asking for him n he told him bye after talking on the phone he throwed a small few min fit. (which felt sry for him) our son
He just said sry n still came home 2 hrs later at 8pm.
I jus didn't agree or thought it was right.
But me and Conner had a good time so all well he don't really help anyhow.
Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Quoting Awip:

That is so frustrating :( I've been there,sometimes a woman wants ADULT interaction when they are home with toddlers all day!

I love spending time with my child but that's exactly right too.
Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quoting hayliedlr:

{{HUGS}}

Thank you
mamasheart2012
by Donna on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Im sorry mama. I get frustrated because with dhs boss I never know what time hes going to get home and since he works hard all day doing a 3 man job by himself he doesnt have the energy to do anything but eat and go to bed. I try not to complain but with me sick all the time right now I need help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Wow - that would NOT fly in my house. NOt for one moment - on many different levels.

the4mutts
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yah it sounds like you ARE making excuses. "Its only sometimes"
Then turn around and say "he don't help anyway"
He's a grown ass man, and you're letting him act like a teenager. No grown man needs 9-10 hours of video games. He's a father now and should grow the hell up.
Men DO need "man time" just like women need our time. But as a parent, you only get that time when you're not neglecting your home life, and as a "pretty much" husband/wife, you have to take your SOs opinion into consideration.
You're going to have an incredibly sad, frustrating, and lonely life if you keep making excuses for your man-boy when he's acting like a douchebag.
I would *and have done similar things* take that xbox and chuck it in the dumpster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Your husband needs to grow up. I wouldn't leave dinner for him. Really. There is a time to be a child and a time to be an adult. It's time for your husband to be an adult.

EvilQueenMommy
by Cathy on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Next time you go out, leave your son with him. Go out hours, see if he learns.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:47 AM

You said this "man" is "basically" your husband.  Which to me sounds like he isn't, but maybe y'all have been together awhile and you act like your married.  Fact is...I would never put up with that.  I'd kick his butt to the curb.  I'm counting my lucky stars that my husband is not like that.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN