Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Seriously MIFFED update posted in reply 26..I think.....lol

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh went and picked up a few things and such on his way home last night. He stopped at Walmart.  This morning he checks our bank account.  We live on a very tight budget. We have two accounts once for major exepenses, rent, bills, monthly food shopping etc. The other account receives automatic deposit from his part time job because he has worked for that company for years and when we moved didn't want to change it. So, his regular job goes to the main account  and different bank and the smaller check goes to the old account. Anyhow, Walmart DOUBLE charged him on his purchase. Now I know it can happen and it will be refunded.  But he had it calculated to the dollar. THIER mistake put us in the negative!  How does one charge a customer twice for the same purchase?  That is insane. I know we will get it back and what not, but they should have to refund any fees or charges incurred due to their mistake.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Replies (21-29):
kimsardo
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That stinks.  I hope you get your money back asap

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Very frustrating.  I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Update: He got it resolved. The bank blamed Walmart and Walmart blamed the bank and both gave dh the run around, but he stuck to it and got it resolved. So now it is back in order.  Whew.

Gkmandy
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Thelmama:

Update: He got it resolved. The bank blamed Walmart and Walmart blamed the bank and both gave dh the run around, but he stuck to it and got it resolved. So now it is back in order.  Whew.

wow that is totally messed up. I wouldn't even dealt with the manager without calling corporate first. That is terrible. Glad it is resolved 

CafeMom Tickers
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Thanks.  He worked in retail for years. He did all of that and went to the top..LOL. They did not realize who they were dealing with. Someone who has worked in retail for 25 plus years. LOL.  He is not easily fooled or disuaded.

Quoting Gkmandy:

Quoting Thelmama:

wow that is totally messed up. I wouldn't even dealt with the manager without calling corporate first. That is terrible. Glad it is resolved 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Oh and some of the things he did to manage this, he didn't tell me until it was all over with, simply because he was busy. Wish men would give us details when they are handling stuff. LOL

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Oh no!  I hope it gets fixed and quickly!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It is all fixed now in OUR favor.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Oh no!  I hope it gets fixed and quickly!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Thelmama:

glad you got it resolved.  The thing is that either way it happened and it was not your hubby's fault.  So give him back his money and point fingers later...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN