Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Divorce with a kid

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am currently going through a divorce and have a 9 yr son. My soon be ex and I were going to do shared parenting and i said he didn't have to pay child support if we could be adults for our son. Well i came home one day with my son and my soon to be ex changed the locks on our house. The next day I filed for divorce and custody and child support. I am currently waiting on a hearing date for the judge to hear my case. I have even tried to offer vistion to my son's father till our hearing but he refused. I have my son call him daily. But he wont agree to anything unless it is shared parenting with NO child support. My son doesn't understand why he can't see his dad right now and it is killing me to see him cry. Any advise on this would help

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laylas-momma
by Chia on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM
awww I'm so sorry to hear that! I understand about the crying. my 2yr old baby girl cried everytime she has to go with her dad. but, sorry I'm horrible with advice, maybe try explaining to your son that you and his daddy are going through a troubled time and daddy needs time for himself but will see him as soon as he can? sorry, I try but I'm not that good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I'm sorry. :(

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Locking the doors says you walked out on them. That's going to be his arguement.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

First, I'd only tell your son positive things... "Daddy loves you very much, but he can't see you right now because he's busy", etc.  When you do talk to your STBX, let him know that his little boy really misses him and wants to spend some time with him and this is something that you won't prevent.

(((hug)))

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

i'm so sorry you are going through this. :( *HUGS*

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM

What a sticky situation.  HUGS to  you and your son

bigmama423
by Liz on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I'm very sorry to hear you and your son are going through this. 

I have no words of wisdom, I am a child of divorce though. It was a long nasty battle and due to the actions of both my parents, I was one effed up kid!!

Try to pick your battles if you can, and good luck with everything. 

exitosa
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I'm sorry you are going thru thisprocess, I agree with Laylas-momma. Try explaining to your son the situation you are in now.  I know with kids and specially with boys, you need to be honest with your son.  He will understand.

mom5551076
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO CHANGED THE LOCKS. MY SOON TO BE EX CHANGED THE LOCKS ON US LEAVING US WITHOUT A HOME.

mom5551076
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind words

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)