Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Kids at 40, what a different mind set.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have been blessed with my son at age 40, he was a long time coming.  I do think about his life with older parents and hope that we can be there just like the other younger parents are. I remember seeing other older parents when my daughters where growing up, never thinking that would be us.

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Age is just a number - no worries - you can do it all!  And do it with an older, wiser perspective!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
monshine2
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My Aunt was 41 when she had my cousin... She's in great health still at 54.

Laylas-momma
by Chia on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
you are only as old as you feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I will be 45 in October and my twin sons will be 8 on Sept 3rd.  I do it all and so will you.

No worries Momma, you're gonna be AWESOME!!!

Congrats on the birth of your son.  HUGS

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM

congrats and age it just a number.  My sister was 37 when she had her youngest.

autiemama516
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Congrats! My Mom was 40 when she had me. She is 81 now and loves to spend time with my kids.

Alicegood
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM

As you were growing up did you miss out on other things because your mom was older then your friends moms?

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM

How old are your daughters?

jalikym
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I am right there with you.  I had my last daughter when I was 45. I always respond the same way when people ask about her being my biological child or one of my older daughters?  I say Yep!! She is proof that God has a sense of humor.  Oh and I have the scar to prove that she is mine. 

I find that I have a better sense of humor with her.  I laugh at the exact things I refused my other girls to do.  My five older ones are like MOM you were so much stricter then than now.  I said yes and I had all of you then.  Sarah is an only child so I can manage her easier.  I find I have more time with Sarah now because I know how to manage my life more efficient.  I enjoy our time together and love her investigative adventures.  Life is so much easier now with Sarah even tho I am a single mom raising her with the help of my best friend, Will. 

You will have all the experience with your older children pop back in your head.  But having a boy is new anytime after raising girls.  Their temperment seems to me to be different.  I have a grandson is why I can compare.  Just having the one on one time is wonderful.  I am sure you will adapt faster than you can imagine.   Just enjoy your son and all of his adventures with a huge smile on your face. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN