Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you accessorize a great outfit?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM
  • 53 Replies

Busy moms know maintaining their fashion style can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for tips on fashion, beauty, accessories and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This week's theme is accessories. We know that accessories can often make or break an outfit.  What's your favorite accessory, and what outfit do you pair it with?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for new fall accessories?

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avpriddis
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I love love love earrings. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21, and by request of my husband. But ever since then I just love wearing them. For me they're the accessory that takes it from pretty to Beautiful. I love how they frame a face.

Looking at the mBlog, though, it looks like Shoes are going to be the thing this fall. Which I guess makes sense, since no one wants to go barefoot in the snow, lol. I'm not a bit shoe fan, but I love my stylish winter boots. Comfy, warm and stylin'.  If you guys live near Macy's Herald Square, you'll probably want to go check out the new shoe salon. Over 300,000 SHOES!!!  Check out the video on the mBlog!

My other favorite fall accessory is a scarf. I consider them not just an accessory but a neccesity!

Apr1l
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My fav accessory is my watch, its black and rose gold ceramic, and I think it can be worn casually and easily dressed up also because its black.  I love the bags shown on the mBlog, you can change your look without buying a whole new wardrobe with these bags, because some of them are colorful,  but they're functional too of course which is a MUST for moms!

image2.jpg

this one is fun, but works for holding everything

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I don't have many accessories. Id love some jewelary and a new purse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziSunshine678
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

i didn't get this from the blog - but i just asked my much younger cousin for some fashion tips last year - and the  best one i received from her was to always bring the third color into your outfit - and i usually do that with my bag - i had always been used to wearing only two colors - i've been amazed how much just one accessory in that third color makes  your outfit "pop" !!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I love scarfs and big sunglasses!  Very old Hollywood and fun!

ceciliam
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I'm not big on accesories, normally. I do like the snood scarves that I am seeing, lately.

manda-nicole010
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not really a backpack person and I don't do cell phone cases. I guess if you get down to it, I'm not really into accessories. When I visited this blog and found a couple of items they offer, my mind started to change! The lepoard phone case was so cute and that backpack I found was to die for. I wouldn't have minded wearing it to school at all. 

Now I'm looking forward to my daughter to get to that age where she asks for everything because there are a ton of cute accessories out there for her!

http://community.macys.com/t5/Accessories/A-Accessories/bc-p/10946#M137 

Noahs
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add a hat that complements your face. Buy one that's versatile. In the winter months it serves a purpose but can also make an outfit look stylish.
kimsardo
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Earings, watch, great purse. Shoes.

DawnPratt23
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM
A great pair of heels, shoes along with trendy jewelry...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)