Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (101-110):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM

We love making gingerbread men and women!  Such a fun idea...and tasty too :)

Quoting Nicky2911:

Every year I make gingerbread men for the close, important people in my life. I use mnms for eyes and buttons. I try to give their gingerbread man the same color eyes as them and I write their names across the front. Then I put them each into one of those clear plastic snack bags that don't have a zipper and tie the end with some colored ribbon. A pair of scissors to curl the ribbon and it looks really classy. I just use the recipe off the molasses jar.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM

That looks yummy!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

babyboxfish
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM

this looks yuuuummy

Quoting Nicky2911:

Every year I make gingerbread men for the close, important people in my life. I use mnms for eyes and buttons. I try to give their gingerbread man the same color eyes as them and I write their names across the front. Then I put them each into one of those clear plastic snack bags that don't have a zipper and tie the end with some colored ribbon. A pair of scissors to curl the ribbon and it looks really classy. I just use the recipe off the molasses jar.

othermom
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

My girls love to help me cook. We have most of our baking done already. Just need to do some banana bread and maybe some fudge

Quoting Bmama1:

My oldest loves to help with that kind of stuff too!

Quoting Bzmom_x_5:

I really try to get a lot of cooking done early in the week so I can actually spend time with my family! I also put the kids to work, measuring and mixing and they enjoy helping and taking some credit for dinner.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Oh yum!!! Wish I had some right now! Lol

Quoting mochalove520:

How bout some coffee cherry brownes.

I buy the box brownies nd put my spinn on them

Its call for 2 eggs

1\2 cup oil

6 cherries fresh or jar

Coffee grounds I use 1Tb spoon.mix nd bake

Its going to be delicious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Oh yeah. That is very cute. I don't even remember the last time I wore a dress but I would wear that.

Quoting Bob192:

Cute black dress!!

original (1).jpeg

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Me too! Wish my printer wants broken! Lol

Quoting natesmom1228:

Wonderful recipes. I am going to have to steal some of them.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Oooooooo these sound good!

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Vanilla Wafers are my new party staple. They are pretty easy and taste so good.

1/2c unsalted butter, softened 1c sugar Cream together to that add 1 egg 2TBS vanilla extract Mix together 1 1/3c flour 3/4t baking powder 1/4t salt Add dry ingredients to wet mix Either drop teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet or place a nickel
 sized ball between your palms and flatten slightly for a crispier cookie. Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins until golden brown.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM
This is me also. :-)

Quoting goddess99:

We normally don't entertain but the mblogs have some really cute fashion  ideas for when we head out at Christmastime.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I love that roaster!

Quoting othermom:

image1.jpg

I would l;ove one of these pans and racks for cooking a turkey. It would be nice. We don't host meals often, but it would be great for when we did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN