Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
slw123
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I am going to have to check out this mblog.

MichelleK41
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

It is and even the younger ones like it. =)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting MichelleK41:

Our families all time fav.! We have to make 2 for Thanksgiving. =)

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

2 cans pumpkin (not pie mix) 1 large can evaporated milk 1 cup sugar 3 eggs 1 or 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 yellow cake mix 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts 2 sticks butter, melted, and cooled
Preheat oven to 350. Grease sides and bottom of 9x13 pan. Put wax paper
in bottom. Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and spice well. Pour into
prepared pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture in pan.
Sprinkle nuts over cake mix; spoon cooled, melted butter over nuts. Bake
for 50 to 60 minutes. Let Cool completely. Invert onto serving tray.
Frosting 1 8oz cream cheese 3/4 cup defrosted Cool Whip 1/2 cup confectioners sugar Mix together and frost.

Sounds yummy!

.Angelica.
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I don't do the entertaining because of lack of space.

alliesmom112
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

love that decor

Quoting Apr1l:

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

I saw these curtains on the mblog its great idea having curtains that help keep your home warm and insulate, and they look nice too bonus 

line.jpg

image1.jpg

Get Cozy

Reflect the colors of the season inside your home as well as out. The best place to start? Curtains! A quick switch of your window treatment can easily transform the look of any room. I love these by Pella. Not only do they come in a variety of Fall colors but they’re also energy-efficient – so you can keep warm inside & save money too!

countrygirlkat
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

We don't entertain too much but I love anything that makes it easier for me to enjoy the guests and not be stuck in the kitchen the whole time so items like crockpots and make ahead dishes are my friends!

MamaMandee
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Cute ideas, thanks! 

Bob192
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I do like their fashion picks!!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM

same here

Quoting goddess99:

We normally don't entertain but the mblogs have some really cute fashion  ideas for when we head out at Christmastime.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM

me too

Quoting RobynS:

Oooooh! I like!!

Quoting othermom:

I love some of the ideas on the mblog. I really love these three sets. They would be wonderful for helping me cook for the holidays

image1.jpg

Set it
Obviously, when it comes to the first matrimonial meal with your beau’s parents, you want every dish to come out perfect. But, if you’re still working with the one or two cooking utensils from your first apartment, that might be hard! Upgrade from your solo days with all-in-one sets that can prepare anything (for even the most finicky of palates!)

mochalove520
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:44 AM
How bout some coffee cherry brownes.
I buy the box brownies nd put my spinn on them

Its call for 2 eggs
1\2 cup oil
6 cherries fresh or jar
Coffee grounds I use 1Tb spoon.mix nd bake
Its going to be delicious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN