Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (81-90):
natesmom1228
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Wonderful recipes. I am going to have to steal some of them.

mrswillie
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
We love a fire going and Christmas music playing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outer.banks
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Our family gets together a lot during the holidays. I am lucky that most live closeby.  I have the largest home and most often everyone shows up here. We always have tons of food, lots of games to play and great laughter to go around.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Yummy!

Quoting mochalove520:

How bout some coffee cherry brownes.
I buy the box brownies nd put my spinn on them

Its call for 2 eggs
1\2 cup oil
6 cherries fresh or jar
Coffee grounds I use 1Tb spoon.mix nd bake
Its going to be delicious.

dusky_rose
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I like to do my baking ahead of time and freeze it for later. I bake many kinds of cookies and quick breads (the quick breads taste moister after being frozen then thawed at room temperature). That way I am not overdoing it at the last minute.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM
That is cute! It's not something I would usually pick but very cute.

Quoting Bob192:

Cute black dress!!

original (1).jpeg

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I gotta try this.

Quoting dusky_rose:

I like to do my baking ahead of time and freeze it for later. I bake many kinds of cookies and quick breads (the quick breads taste moister after being frozen then thawed at room temperature). That way I am not overdoing it at the last minute.

summertimelaura
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yes,yes we just bought new curtains at bed bath and beyond.Added  5$ pointsettas w/ 3$ walgreens burberry looking throws,and turned on the fireplace and candles.We def. felt like we were on va/ca

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Yummy this looks delicious!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

KristinRox
by Kristin on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

My mil has a nice fire place in her living room. We always have a great time sitting around it and chatting. Its just so cozy.

Quoting Apr1l:

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

I saw these curtains on the mblog its great idea having curtains that help keep your home warm and insulate, and they look nice too bonus 

line.jpg

image1.jpg

Get Cozy

Reflect the colors of the season inside your home as well as out. The best place to start? Curtains! A quick switch of your window treatment can easily transform the look of any room. I love these by Pella. Not only do they come in a variety of Fall colors but they’re also energy-efficient – so you can keep warm inside & save money too!

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)